News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

We are supposed to get major snow in the next couple of days.
My only winter jacket, a nice leather one, is unusable at the moment because the zip on it died  :mad:
And the guy who made it can only repair it end of this week.

I sure as hell hope he will because Friday-Saturday night will be, supposedly, around -17C :o

Crazy_Ivan80

tempms finally droppe to below 0° here though one can question the time they'll stay there. I doubt it'll be all that long.
Regardless, a few more days of this and terrainwork will be over due to not getting through the soil anymore.
Winter is, in the end, not a nice time to be an archaeologist.

The Brain

It rarely gets below -25C in central Sweden.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 14, 2009, 01:19:18 PM

Plus today, we had: freezing fog. Weird. It turns to an ice coating on your windows as you drive through it. 20ft visibility, so it could have been worse.

That was us all last week. The fog is gone, but now the temps are suppose to drop by about 20 degrees.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

we're having a dusting of the stuff in Van this evening. A customer today said it was so crystalline and pretty. I explained to her that shine is from all the meth and crack particles in the air.
:p

Monoriu

Snow is nothing but trouble.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2009, 01:39:16 PM
haha, some people from warmer climes are having a snow party on the roof of a building to celebrate. Strange.

Snow is a big deal for a lot of people.  First time I ever saw it snow was when I was like 21.

katmai

This is snow...and x-mas lights

PDH

Thanks for the picture of Anchorage at 2pm!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Slargos

We had a pinch yesterday around here, but it melted so quickly I almost had time to hope we wouldn't have to suffer through the stuff this winter, but not so.

Today, it looks like we'll get anywhere between 15-30 CM.  <_<

katmai

Josquius

Wow, its everywhere, it truly has begun
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2009, 08:53:18 AM