Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Strix on December 14, 2009, 07:24:04 AM
Does it not snow in Poland?

All those WWII history books lied.

Our climate changed a lot over the last 20 years or so. I remember we used to have snow and much much colder winters when I was a kid. Now, we are lucky if it snows at all, and usually if it does, it is in some fucked up time, like February or March (while all the way until January it's relatively warm and rainy).

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on December 14, 2009, 07:43:08 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 07:41:05 AM
:nelson: No snow here yet.  :cool:

I hope your dog bites you in the testicles

Cal is once again taunting the weather gods. One year, he is gonna get smacked hard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on December 14, 2009, 07:51:28 AM
Our climate changed a lot over the last 20 years or so. I remember we used to have snow and much much colder winters when I was a kid. Now, we are lucky if it snows at all, and usually if it does, it is in some fucked up time, like February or March (while all the way until January it's relatively warm and rainy).
See, this is why you should keep your fingers crossed that global warming is actually real. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

LaCroix

back home, i think the firsts snowfall was in october  :bleeding:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 14, 2009, 07:51:28 AM
Quote from: Strix on December 14, 2009, 07:24:04 AM
Does it not snow in Poland?

All those WWII history books lied.

That is actually true here also.  It used to snow about once a year here but it probably has not snowed for a decade at least now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 08:37:35 AM
See, this is why you should keep your fingers crossed that global warming is actually real. :)

Won't Global Warming destroy the Gulf Stream and make Europe as cold as northern Canada?  Because that would really suck ass for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2009, 09:15:00 AM
Won't Global Warming destroy the Gulf Stream and make Europe as cold as northern Canada?  Because that would really suck ass for him.
That's one theory, yeah.  But nobody really knows anything for sure about global warming, aside from the fact that Al Gore is making a fortune off it.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 08:37:35 AM

IIRC that's just when the ice caps melt to a huge degree and dilute the sea.
In which we're all pretty much fucked anyway what with the sea level rises and other nastyness.

And global warming is obviously real. Its silly to say otherwise. What is up for debate is the extent to which man is impacting it (I'd tend towards we are having a bit of a impact on potentially knocking the cycle off the rails).
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Yesterday's snow turned into a sleety rain storm. Whole region was carpeted in black ice.  Teh sux0r.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 09:18:00 AM
That's one theory, yeah.  But nobody really knows anything for sure about global warming, aside from the fact that Al Gore is making a fortune off it.  :cool:

I think I can state without fear of contradiction that if it is true it is going to be a bad thing....

DisturbedPervert

It would be colder than now but not like the eastern coast of Canada or Siberia.  Just having water to the west instead of land moderates temperatures.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 14, 2009, 09:28:08 AM
It would be colder than now but not like the eastern coast of Canada or Siberia.  Just having water to the west instead of land moderates temperatures.

Really?  Why just to the west?

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2009, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 14, 2009, 09:28:08 AM

Really?  Why just to the west?
Should be "upwind according to prevailing winds." Europe's prevailing winds are from the west.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

We're scheduled for below zero temperatures all week, but no snow. The Pirates thermo jacket arrived: in time. :bowler:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

finally getting out of the deep freeze here. Up to 32f/0c. Last week we had one morning of -27f/-33c, THAT was cold.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM