News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 14

Started by katmai, December 10, 2009, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Johnson is ridiculous.  I forget which tool, probably neil, was laughing at me as I picked him over Lendale White.  His exact words were:  " LOL I HAZ YOUR TOUCHDOWNZ LOLZ!"   ....In your face Flanders!
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 15, 2009, 02:41:17 AM
Johnson is ridiculous.  I forget which tool, probably neil, was laughing at me as I picked him over Lendale White.  His exact words were:  " LOL I HAZ YOUR TOUCHDOWNZ LOLZ!"   ....In your face Flanders!
Yeah, I would never say that.  That, and I didn't have Lendale White.  I had Peterson, Lynch, Cadillac and Choice.

At any rate, it isn't so much that the Cardinals are wildly inconsistant as it is that the Niners are built to play in their division.  The Niners would have a much better record if they showed a little less faith in their quarterback.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on December 14, 2009, 11:43:37 PM
7 forced turnovers by Niners D.

Man should have started them over the Ravens :lol:

I can live with the turnovers by Warner, he is the ultimate high risk/high reward guy; that and he will make up for it over the course of the season.  Also he is cash money in the playoffs, I can only think of 2-3 current QBs I would rather have than Warner.  The problem is these backs who can't hang onto the ball; Hightower isn't good enough to keep around with all of these fumbles, hopefully it is just a rookie thing with Beanie.

No doubt though, the Cards are the Niners' bitches, and should be calling them Daddy until they can prove they can beat them.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on December 15, 2009, 07:48:17 AMAt any rate, it isn't so much that the Cardinals are wildly inconsistant as it is that the Niners are built to play in their division.  The Niners would have a much better record if they showed a little less faith in their quarterback.

Absolutely.  I am not sure what Singletary is thinking when they are throwing the ball 40 times a game.  The Niners have a reasonably good defense, they should be using that and Frank Gore to win games, not Alex Smith.

On a side note I am really starting to like Gruden on MNF, he still sounds like he is drunk but his style is growing on me.

CountDeMoney

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 15, 2009, 02:41:17 AM
That was me.  Bitch.  Not my fault Lendale went all useless.  Oh well, the only Fantasy League I care about this year, I just won the regular season of.  I can't do 2 leagues, it's too much of a conflict of interest.  Next year I'll be back to just the LFFL.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

:o Hope his career isn't over!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/121609-Henry-car-crash

Report: Bengals WR Henry suffers 'very serious injuries' in crash

PRINT EMAIL RSS
ADD THIS
Updated Dec 16, 2009 6:21 PM EDT
Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was seriously injured in a car accident in North Carolina on Wednesday afternoon, according to multiple published reports.

The team confirmed that Henry was involved in a serious accident in Charlotte around 2:30 p.m. ET. The team says he suffered "very serious injuries."

Preliminary reports indicate Henry may have also suffered severe head injuries, the Kentucky Post reported on its Web site.

The Bengals told WLWT-TV in Cincinnati that the wideout was in Charlotte visiting his girlfriend's family.

Henry has been on injured reserve since breaking his arm in the Nov. 8 game against the Baltimore Ravens.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:huh:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/bengals-chris-henry-seriously-injured-in-dispute.html
Bengals' Chris Henry seriously injured in dispute
December 16, 2009 5:59 PM | No Comments
Tribune News Services

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry suffered serious injuries after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute with his fiance, police said today.

Henry was found in the road in Charlotte "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said he was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police say Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiance was driving away from a home just before noon.
"The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."

Henry broke his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8, had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Charlotte is home to his fiance's parents, the Bengals said.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said he had little information other than Henry was badly hurt.

"We are aware he was in an accident and that his injuries are very serious," Brennan said. "We are obviously staying in touch with the situation and are ready to offer whatever assistance we can."

Henry is in the final year of his contract with the Bengals, who let him go after his fifth arrest following the 2007 season. Owner Mike Brown then brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal, and Henry had stayed out of trouble since his return.

A deep threat, he was fourth among Bengals receivers this season with 12 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns at the time of his injury.

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Fox says he is on life support and the situation is "dire" :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/121609-Bengals-Henry

QuoteCincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry is on life support after falling out of the back of a pickup truck in North Carolina, a source has told FOXSports.com's Alex Marvez. The source described the situation as "dire."

Henry was found in the road in south Charlotte "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said Henry was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police said a dispute began at a Home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiancee was driving away from the residence.

"The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."

A police spokesman later said no charges would be filed Wednesday.

Henry was found on a residential street about a half mile away from the home when police were called to the scene after a medic report that a man was down.

A woman who identified herself as the fiancee's mother but declined to give her name told the <em>Charlotte Observer</em> that Henry and his fiancee had been staying at her house while he was on injured reserve and they were making plans for their wedding.

She said she wasn't home at the time of the dispute and wasn't sure exactly what happened, but she said her daughter is at Henry's bedside at the hospital.

Henry's agent, Kenneth Rush, did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages left by The Associated Press.

Henry broke his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8, had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Charlotte is home to his fiancee's parents, the Bengals said.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said he had little information other than Henry was badly hurt.

"We are aware he was in an accident and that his injuries are very serious," Brennan said. "We are obviously staying in touch with the situation and are ready to offer whatever assistance we can."

Henry is in the final year of his contract with the Bengals, who let him go after his fifth arrest following the 2007 season. Owner Mike Brown then brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal, and Henry had stayed out of trouble since his return.

A deep threat, he was fourth among Bengals receivers this season with 12 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns at the time of his injury.

The Bengals' third-round pick from West Virginia in 2005, the speedy Henry was a key part of Cincinnati's playoff team as a rookie. He's caught 119 passes for 1,826 yards and 21 touchdowns in five seasons, but has also been plagued by off-field woes.

He was suspended for two games by the league in 2006 and the first eight games of 2007. The Bengals released him following his fifth arrest that offseason, but Brown decided to bring him back during training camp over the objections of coach Marvin Lewis.

Henry had to miss the first four games of 2008, his punishment for the offseason arrest on an assault charge. The charge was dropped after his trial ended in a hung jury.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Domestic violence!  I hope that husband...er....fiance beating bitch gets whats coming to her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 09:34:44 PM
Dumbass

I hate to talk bad about someone fighting for their life, but no shit.  Five arrests, three suspensions and falling out of a moving pick-up in a domestic "situation".   :blink:

Hope he pulls through though.