Guantanamo a Relaxing Place, Miss Universe says.

Started by Josephus, April 01, 2009, 08:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 01, 2009, 09:11:38 AM
Quote from: PDH on April 01, 2009, 08:58:42 AM
Miss Succotash Queen from Illinois Normal has been elected head of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Say what you will about her personal life, but her record on the issues is solid, IMO.
She did marry a surgeon...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Hansmeister

Well, having once been an hostage herself probably gives her a slightly different perspective than the detached-from-reality views of the left.

derspiess

You get free Froot Loops at Club Gitmo.  Lucky bastards :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 01, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
Well, having once been an hostage herself probably gives her a slightly different perspective than the detached-from-reality views of the left.

Well even if Guatanamo is a paradise on earth, everybody will assume this was some sort of Potemkin village stunt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

since hans was never a hostage can I conclude he is detached from reality?
humans were created in their own image

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2009, 08:52:17 AM
Quote from: Jos Theelen on April 01, 2009, 08:49:56 AM
Why? Great advertising. "Join the army, see miss w.., I mean the world". Perfect for most teenage boys.

I assure you teenage boys of a sort considering a military career do not give a rats ass about beauty pageant winners.

:huh:

Pageants, no. Pageant winners, yes.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

derspiess

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 01, 2009, 01:53:26 PM

QFT.  In my ROTC camps, after being away from civilian wimmenz for 6 weeks, a plain, average woman looked damned good.  I'd have to think that for active duty servicemen overseas, seeing a beauty pageant winner is many orders of magnitude more mind-blowing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 01, 2009, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2009, 08:52:17 AM
Quote from: Jos Theelen on April 01, 2009, 08:49:56 AM
Why? Great advertising. "Join the army, see miss w.., I mean the world". Perfect for most teenage boys.

I assure you teenage boys of a sort considering a military career do not give a rats ass about beauty pageant winners.

Reminds me of that scene from "Apocalypse Now".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 01, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
Well, having once been an hostage herself probably gives her a slightly different perspective .

Or brain damage.  I wonder if the people that thought this was a good idea have the same mental malady as her?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2009, 05:20:41 PM
I don't see a problem with this.  :huh:

Yeah, I very much doubt this is the first time a USO show has visited Gitmo.  I don't see what the fuss is about.

FunkMonk

Quote from: dps on April 01, 2009, 10:49:01 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2009, 05:20:41 PM
I don't see a problem with this.  :huh:

Yeah, I very much doubt this is the first time a USO show has visited Gitmo.  I don't see what the fuss is about.
I can only understand the hoopla as a knee jerk reaction to the phrase 'Guantanamo Bay'.

We had a USO show with the Washington Redskins cheerleaders come out to our dusty little patrol base on my last tour. We killed people all the time, including once or twice innocents. Where's the furor?

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2009, 11:12:57 PM
I can only understand the hoopla as a knee jerk reaction to the phrase 'Guantanamo Bay'.

We had a USO show with the Washington Redskins cheerleaders come out to our dusty little patrol base on my last tour. We killed people all the time, including once or twice innocents. Where's the furor?

Hail to the Redskins!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2009, 11:17:49 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2009, 11:12:57 PM

Hail to the Redskins!
They were just what we needed.   :D