Guantanamo a Relaxing Place, Miss Universe says.

Started by Josephus, April 01, 2009, 08:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I like them, but not worth driving to Illinois for.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 08:15:25 PM
Oh, how refreshingly Michael Moore of you. You said there were abuses, but you didn't mean abuse, you meant "abuse of the law". Right.

An abuse of law is not something to be concerned about?  :huh:

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2009, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 08:15:25 PM
Oh, how refreshingly Michael Moore of you. You said there were abuses, but you didn't mean abuse, you meant "abuse of the law". Right.

An abuse of law is not something to be concerned about?  :huh:

Of course it is - I just find your little intellectually slippery use of the term "abuse" amusing. Much like everyone does with terms like "abuse" and "torture" when it comes to Gitmo, Mr. Moore.

No worries, your kind have actually won this little propaganda war. Now everyone blithely talks about "abuse" if not "torture" without batting an eye when it comes to Gitmo. Some pseudo-journalist actually won an award for uncovering all the "torture/abuse", no worries that they consistently failed to actually evidence any of this. I am sure what they meant was the tortured way the Bush admin twisted the law or something like that.

Sure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

:rolleyes:

So abuse of the law is bad but its bad to call it abuse.  Ok Berk.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2009, 10:38:31 AM

What is bad is to talk about abuse at Gitmo, then when you get called on what you know was something that wasn't true, to turn around and pretend you meant something else entirely.

Rather less than honest.

Abuse of the law - yeah, we all believe that is what you meant. Why, it is such a common term, and everyone knows that when you say "Her husband was abusive" you really mean he would sometimes speed on the way to work.

What a little weasel you can be.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2009, 10:48:18 AM

What is bad is to talk about abuse at Gitmo, then when you get called on what you know was something that wasn't true, to turn around and pretend you meant something else entirely.

Rather less than honest.

Abuse of the law - yeah, we all believe that is what you meant. Why, it is such a common term, and everyone knows that when you say "Her husband was abusive" you really mean he would sometimes speed on the way to work.

And you can be a real apologist.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2009, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2009, 10:48:18 AM

Rather less than honest.

And you can be a real apologist.

I'm sure I could be, if I wanted. It isn't very hard to simply make shit up to justify your pre-conceived notions and cherished prejudices, now is it?

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2009, 11:22:12 AM
I'm sure I could be, if I wanted. It isn't very hard to simply make shit up to justify your pre-conceived notions and cherished prejudices, now is it?

Give it a go and tell me how it works out for you.