Guantanamo a Relaxing Place, Miss Universe says.

Started by Josephus, April 01, 2009, 08:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2009, 03:42:54 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 03:09:55 PM

It is not being closed because of various abuses, so of course it is not in bad taste for her to visit it.

Just because you repeat the lie often enough does not turn it into the truth.

I didnt say it was in bad tate for her to visit.  It is in bad taste for her to say that she found the whole place relaxing after having been shown where the detainees are kept.  The whole setup is an abuse of law which is why it is being closed.  Do we really have to go through the list of why that is again?

Oh, how refreshingly Michael Moore of you. You said there were abuses, but you didn't mean abuse, you meant "abuse of the law". Right.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PRC

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 02, 2009, 01:05:18 PM
They've got a small BX and the only McDonald's I've ever been to that serves Pizza.

For a couple years in the early to mid nineties the McDonalds on Vancouver Island served Pizza.  The pepperoni wasn't half bad.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 02, 2009, 08:23:12 PM
They've got a small BX and the only McDonald's I've ever been to that serves Pizza.

For a couple years in the early to mid nineties the McDonalds on Vancouver Island served Pizza.  The pepperoni wasn't half bad.
The Grande Prairie one served up until around the turn of the century.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on April 02, 2009, 08:34:54 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 02, 2009, 08:23:12 PM

The Grande Prairie one served up until around the turn of the century.

All (or almost all) of them did for a while.  The company dropped it after a few years;  I don't know if an exception was made to keep it on the menu at Gitmo, or if Hans just hasn't been there for some time and his comment is out-of-date.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

They seem to do them every year now, but in like the late summer.

Josephus

I remember they were salty as all hell....you had to buy a super super large coke to wash that down.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2009, 06:15:25 PM
Why is everyone making a big deal out of the specifics of her comments?  SHE'S A DUMB BIMBO, PEOPLE.

She is fluent in two languages...are you? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2009, 08:24:03 AMShe is fluent in two languages...are you? :P

Fluency claims are often suspect in my experience. ^_^

I have studied French, Latin, and to a small extent Italian and German, but would not claim anything even close to fluency in any of them.

Ed Anger

Caliga

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2009, 08:32:37 AM
Darn right. I refuse to add an extra "u" to words.  :mad:

Myself, I am honoured to add random "u"s in words.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."