And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2009, 02:38:41 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 02:37:39 AM
He's running from the argument and that makes him look good? How the hell can that make him look good?

Because arguing on the internet is largely a waste of time?

Is it always? Does it not depend on who you talk to? Why is it a waste of time to argue with me? Have I shown myself to be intellectually dishonest? Do I not argue in earnest? Do I lack credibility?

Why would it be a waste of time to talk to me? Answer me honestly, please.

Pat

This is at a very sensitive point in the conversation so I would very much appreciate if people would please not troll me with posts that are "not serious". Of course I can't stop you if you want to, I can only appeal to you that you do not.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pat

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2009, 02:45:38 AM

Really, Syt? Why would a discussion between Stonewall and I have to be on the level of retards? Because that is what you are saying. Do you really think that? Answer me honestly, please. Stonewall argues as a profession, and I think I have shown myself able of arguing in this thread. Why could we not have an argument if we wanted to?

Stonewall

"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Pat

Can you at least answer me this, Stonewall?

"Can you give me ANY good reason for why you will refuse me this? Any reason at all?"

Syt

I'm not arguing (hah) against discussions and debate on the internet. I say that arguing in circles, taking things personal and not being able to let go makes you retarded.

Don't take this internet thingy too serious. You can always step back from it without much consequence.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Fate

Paradox OT is ment to be a right wing bastion. Just accept it. There are other places you can express yourself more freely.

Pat

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2009, 02:52:06 AM
I'm not arguing (hah) against discussions and debate on the internet. I say that arguing in circles, taking things personal and not being able to let go makes you retarded.

Don't take this internet thingy too serious. You can always step back from it without much consequence.

Am I taking it too seriously? I take being called a liar seriously. Should I not? And should I not take being called *a liar* PERSONAL? Is it not an an attack on my person?!

And I know I can leave any time I want. I just left EUOT.

Jaron

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 02:54:39 AM

God damn pat, just let it the fuck go.
Am I taking it too seriously? I take being called a liar seriously. Should I not? And should I not take being called *a liar* PERSONAL? Is it not an an attack on my person?!

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Pat

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2009, 02:55:53 AM

God damn pat, just let it the fuck go.

Why should I? Am I not in the right?

Martinus

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 02:03:09 AM
Despite my statements that I don't want to continue, you keep trying to convince me to do just that.  This is precisely why I don't want to continue the discussion.  Nothing I say will result in you saying, ok, fine, enough is enough. 

I don't want to discuss it here, there, publicly, privately, through email, via smoke signals, morse code or in any other fashion. 

Again, I apologize if you feel that is arbitrary or unfair.  It is, however, the way it's going to be.

What a lame-o response.

Especially the "I apologize if you feel". If you think you've done wrong, apologize (and try to remedy your wrong). If you think you haven't done wrong, don't apologize.

The "I apologize if you felt offended/wronged/bad" is an immensely lame response.

Jaron

I typed my post wrong, but yes, you should just drop it.

If you are right, you should not need Stonewall to vindicate that.

He doesn't want to continue the conversation. You can interpret his actions as you will, but by constantly persisting with it, you are making an ass out of yourself and not helping your case at all. If you truly didn't care about these things, you would have kept sending PMs and not made a public thread about it. You wanted support from Languish you did not get, and Stonewall has stonewalled you.

Time to take your toys and go home.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fate

Yes. Accusations from a trollish internet persona like Stonewall should not be taken personally or seriously. Paradox's OT moderation squad is a joke. Sadly, this is also reflected in the declining quality of their games...

Martinus

Quote from: Korea on December 05, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Why don't I get a snide reply? I feel left out. :( Am I not enough of an asshole?

Cunt.

:P