Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on December 06, 2009, 02:58:43 AM
What a lame-o response.

Especially the "I apologize if you feel". If you think you've done wrong, apologize (and try to remedy your wrong). If you think you haven't done wrong, don't apologize.

The "I apologize if you felt offended/wronged/bad" is an immensely lame response.
Agreed.  Conditional apology that implies that someone who's offended is a sissy is all the rage these days.

The Brain

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 08:32:47 PM
Well, that was a good movie and I'd like to thank The Brain for recommending it to me.

I love that movie. I have seen it more times than I would care to know. :blush:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 03:22:35 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2009, 03:06:19 AM
Why?

I shut these fools down all the time. They back the fuck up and try to make Jaron jokes or hoist mine enemies upon their shoulders, but I know I still won. I don't need anyone to bow down before me when i can smell the fear and defeat upon their broken bodies.

Again: I don't ask anything of Stonewall except permitting me to defend myself with a few lines,  i.e. not banning me if I do defend myself, and I will even try to agree with him as to what they say!

Now I have to go, and I fully expect all kinds of things to be written about me in my absence. I already know many here don't like me. That I do not care much about, however. Much will be written when I am gone. Much of it will be trolling of me. For obvious reasons, I will ignore most of it, and for reasons of time I will only take on the most obvious falsehoods. This is not to be understood as that, which I not reply to, I agree with or accept being said of me. I think I have shown myself quite capable of responding to all kinds of slander in this thread, if I want to.

But before I leave, for now, I ask again, once and for all, Stonewall to answer my question:

"Can you give me ANY good reason for why you will refuse me this? Any reason at all?"

It will be the last time I ask. Again, I'd really appreciate an answer.
At this point, do you still think that you can accomplish anything except retreading the same shit yet again?  If you want to keep this thread going, you need to come up with some fresh entertainment.  Stonewall acted like a bully and a coward at the same time, and his behavior would've reflected badly on EUOT if that were still possible.  I can understand how little people making themselves feel big at your expenses can make you feel.  At some point you just have to move on, though, and I think that point came some time ago.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2009, 06:10:33 AM
you need to come up with some fresh entertainment.

Thank God us regulars don't have to.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Anyway, back to the P: miglia, from your little anecdotal tale, you actually have no idea what a libertarian is.  The majority of libertarians I know, myself included, are actually quite charitable.  I support a number of charities financially and donate my time and expertise to the Red Cross.  You seem to be confusing libertarianism with objectivism... and even objectivists are 'permitted' to be charitable if they so choose--but I don't personally know anyone who claims to be an objectivist so I don't know if they typically are.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on December 06, 2009, 06:36:49 AM
Anyway, back to the P: miglia, from your little anecdotal tale, you actually have no idea what a libertarian is.  The majority of libertarians I know, myself included, are actually quite charitable.  I support a number of charities financially and donate my time and expertise to the Red Cross.  You seem to be confusing libertarianism with objectivism... and even objectivists are 'permitted' to be charitable if they so choose--but I don't personally know anyone who claims to be an objectivist so I don't know if they typically are.
I don't think Miglia came here to convince us he was a genius at argumentation.  Of course his whole characterization of libertarians was a strawman.  He came here to whine that he was warned for comparing libertarians' belief with libertarianism with belief in fairies, or something, "just like religious people" (or something).  Classic argument by assertion.

The real response to Miglia is; "look, son, if you really really want to respond to Stonewall on EUOT, just do so.  The worst that can happen is that you are banned, and you claim to be leaving there anyway.  Don't bring your shit here, though, because we don't care.  All of this crying and carrying on about 'being called a liar' is absolute bullshit coming from someone who doesn't even use his own name when he posts.  Man up!"

Stonewall doesn't have to apologize for anything (or even discuss anything) he does as a mod.  That's one of the rules of modding.  As a mod, I followed that rule myself.  If someone thinks a mod has overstepped his/her bounds, one should go over his/her head in a PM to the admin. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

For the record, I'm sorry about calling you a cunt, Stonewall. I was lashing out randomly.

We've had our differences, and your modding style at Paradox is that of most other Paradox mods: Retarded.

However, as a person, you're not entirely disagreeable some of the time. -_-

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on December 06, 2009, 06:56:22 AM
Stonewall doesn't have to apologize for anything (or even discuss anything) he does as a mod.  That's one of the rules of modding.  As a mod, I followed that rule myself.  If someone thinks a mod has overstepped his/her bounds, one should go over his/her head in a PM to the admin.
At the same time, the mod has to be very professional, and not make himself the subject of discussion.  That's the rule I followed when I was an admin on the forum I used to frequent.  Flaming someone in your official capacity, and then hiding behind your official capacity, is a gross violation of that rule.  In real life terms, it's like a cop punching someone a couple of times unprovoked in public, and then threatening to arrest the guy for assaulting the officer if he punches back.

Korea

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
Korea, if you want I'll answer your questions, and I hope you won't find my comments to be snide. So if you want to know why I've acted in any particular way, feel free to ask. But if I may ask you something first: why did you expect me to me snide to you? You weren't snide to me.

I was trying to troll you but you have thwarted me. :( I fail at Languish.

Seriously though, I don't get why you said everyone else was a whiner and you were just reciprocating. Seems like a double standard to me. Also, I think you are completely overreacting to this EUOT stuff but this thread has been entertaining. :)
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 10:34:55 PM
In school, you were probably the drawn-back guy, always silent, never saying anything. But if the cool guys heap abuse on someone, you take your chances to know what it feels like to be on top. And then you feel good about yourself.

:lol: You're soooo dramatic. Maybe he just disagrees with you.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Korea

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 02:44:49 AM
This is at a very sensitive point in the conversation so I would very much appreciate if people would please not troll me with posts that are "not serious". Of course I can't stop you if you want to, I can only appeal to you that you do not.

This is only asking for more trolls.

Korea