News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Stonewall is a typical GOPtard. You shouldn't expect any sort of civility from him.

Pat

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2009, 01:14:28 AM
You really like picking fights, don't you?

I'd say "liar" is a fair characterization of such behaviour.

Stonewall, is that not a fair characterization? Is not calling someone a liar in public, and using your power to rob them of any chance to defend themselves, akin to being a liar? Or at least dishonest? If you value your credibility and honesty as you say you do, why not at least allow me the chance to give my side? I don't even ask of you that you admit you were wrong. Just that I can give my side of it.

katmai

How long have you been hanging around Dorsey?

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pat

Yes, I mean Berkut's characterization was fair

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'll edit the post.

Fate

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:17:59 AM

I'd say it's a fair characterization.

Stonewall, is that not a fair characterization? Is not calling someone a liar in public, and using your power to rob them of any chance to defend themselves, akin to being a liar? Or at least dishonest? If you value your credibility and honesty as you say you do, why not at least allow me the chance to give my side? I don't even ask of you that you admit you were wrong. Just that I can give my side of it.

I don't see why you'd expect to be treated differently or act suprised when you have trolls like Dark Knight, Stonewall, and maartos laying down the law. They expect a libertarian/conservative bent to their little corner of the internet.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Stonewall

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:01:05 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 12:59:04 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 12:53:35 AM
Mind answering my question, Stonewall?

I have not responded, nor am I likely to do so in the near future.

Why not? Was my request not fair?

I simply don't any desire to continue the discussion with you. 

QuoteDo you think it is fair to publicly slander someone and use your power to rob them of any chance to defend themselves? After talking high about the sacrosanctity of credibility? Was that all bullshit?

Is it fair?  Probably not. 
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

0 rows returned

Stonewall

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2009, 01:10:55 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 12:59:04 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 12:53:35 AM
Mind answering my question, Stonewall?

I have not responded, nor am I likely to do so in the near future.
It's a fair question.  Without further explanation and elaboration, calling someone a liar in your capacity as a moderator, and then gagging them from defending themselves, looks like an act of considerable cowardice (even if you think it's justified).  You don't accuse someone of being a liar lightly, not if you have any shred of personal integrity.

I didn't accuse him lightly.  He lied, I called him on it and then ended the discussion.  Sorry if that seems cowardly to you.  I guess you can call me "Yeller." 
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Pat

I did not lie. :huh: Please explain to me how the hell I was lying.

And why do you run from the discussion if you think you're in the right?

Stonewall

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:34:44 AM

Being the libertariantard you think I am, I believe it is my choice whether to participate or not.  I choose not to. 

Pat

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 01:39:43 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:34:44 AM

Being the libertariantard you think I am, I believe it is my choice whether to participate or not.  I choose not to.

That was not directed at you personally. Don't you have the objectivity to see past differences in politics? And of course you can do what you want, but if you value your credibility as you do, you should be able to explain WHY you make that choice.

Berkut

Actually, I think explaining why would damage his credibility more, at least here at Languish.

Right now, he looks pretty smart - why mess with that?

Plus he has that avatar, so that is worth quite a bit as well.

0 rows returned

Pat

Quote from: Berkut on December 06, 2009, 01:45:23 AM
Actually, I think explaining why would damage his credibility more, at least here at Languish.

Right now, he looks pretty smart - why mess with that?

Plus he has that avatar, so that is worth quite a bit as well.

He looks smart? :rolleyes: How does he look smart?