Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonewall

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:43:23 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 01:39:43 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:34:44 AM

And why do you run from the discussion if you think you're in the right?

Being the libertariantard you think I am, I believe it is my choice whether to participate or not.  I choose not to.

That was not directed at you personally. Don't you have the objectivity to see past differences in politics? And of course you can do what you want, but if you value your credibility as you do, you should be able to explain WHY you make that choice.

I explained it once.  I don't believe that further discussion will result in you changing your mind.  I know it won't result in me changing mine.  Further discussion is pointless and a waste of my time, so I choose to discontinue the conversation.  Sorry if that seems arbitrary or unfair to you. 
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Valmy

Arbitrary?  Unfair?  Now I just think you are lobbying to become a Languish mod.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pat

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 01:47:33 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:43:23 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 01:39:43 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:34:44 AM

And why do you run from the discussion if you think you're in the right?

Being the libertariantard you think I am, I believe it is my choice whether to participate or not.  I choose not to.

That was not directed at you personally. Don't you have the objectivity to see past differences in politics? And of course you can do what you want, but if you value your credibility as you do, you should be able to explain WHY you make that choice.

I explained it once.  I don't believe that further discussion will result in you changing your mind.  I know it won't result in me changing mine.  Further discussion is pointless and a waste of my time, so I choose to discontinue the conversation.  Sorry if that seems arbitrary or unfair to you.

No you didn't. You explained nothing. My mind is perfectly capable to change. You should know that. Many times, in our discussion, did I admit I was mistaken. The only person in the thread to ever do so. Have I not shown myself to be reasonable?

If you want, we can talk about this in private through the private message system. And if it leads to me being able to give my view of why I'm not a liar, in the thread, on EUOT, even if only a few sentances that you and I work out and both can agree to, I promise I will never speak of our private discussion and I will never mention this ever again, nor here nor elsewhere. And you can take my word for that, because I value my credibility and I would never act in a way as to damage my credibility.

ulmont

Never waste time mudwrestling a pig.  You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Stonewall

Despite my statements that I don't want to continue, you keep trying to convince me to do just that.  This is precisely why I don't want to continue the discussion.  Nothing I say will result in you saying, ok, fine, enough is enough. 

I don't want to discuss it here, there, publicly, privately, through email, via smoke signals, morse code or in any other fashion. 

Again, I apologize if you feel that is arbitrary or unfair.  It is, however, the way it's going to be.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Pat

Quote from: ulmont on December 06, 2009, 02:00:16 AM
Never waste time mudwrestling a pig.  You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Have I shown myself to be a dirty pig? Really? I'd be glad if you explained why. I don't think you can.

Syt

Quote from: Korea on December 05, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Why don't I get a snide reply? I feel left out. :( Am I not enough of an asshole?

[puerile joke about anal sex]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 02:03:09 AM
Despite my statements that I don't want to continue, you keep trying to convince me to do just that.  This is precisely why I don't want to continue the discussion.  Nothing I say will result in you saying, ok, fine, enough is enough. 

I don't want to discuss it here, there, publicly, privately, through email, via smoke signals, morse code or in any other fashion. 

Again, I apologize if you feel that is arbitrary or unfair.  It is, however, the way it's going to be.

*sigh* Keep your EU OT drama off languish plx, thanks.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 06, 2009, 01:45:23 AM
Actually, I think explaining why would damage his credibility more, at least here at Languish.

Right now, he looks pretty smart - why mess with that?

Plus he has that avatar, so that is worth quite a bit as well.

He looks smart? :rolleyes: How does he look smart?

He chose to stop arguing with you.  That's fairly smart.  Seriously from here he looks in the right and you look the fool.  And personally I dislike Stonewall.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Stonewall

Eddie Teach

I think you guys are a bit premature giving Stoney props for avoiding an argument, as it sounds like he's now involved in an argument about whether to continue the last one.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pat

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2009, 02:03:09 AM

If you agree to explain yourself, I will quite obviously stop asking you to explain yourself! And if you agree to discuss the matter with me: Of course we can agree to something!

Despite your statements? You're not a moderator here Stonewall. And I don't want to come to your forum. So I'm not going to give you a chance to punish me there for what I say here. So I can say whatever I want to you here.

You'll note many people here have said many negative things about you. I have not. I dare you to find one negative thing I have said about you here. Or on Paradox. If anything, I have talked highly of you. That is because I try to think the best of people. You often get disappointed, but sometimes people rise to your expectations. Sometimes, when the words and actions of people do not correlate, you are forced to adjust your opinion. But before I adjust my opinion of you, I would like to talk it through with you! Is that too much to ask?

You apologize? But what do you apologize for? Do you apologize for calling me a liar? If you apologize, why will you not agree to have it published on EUOT? Do you think it would hurt your credibility? If anything, I think it would show you be fair. Because you would be willing to admit to a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. There's nothing wrong in admitting you have made one.

But you don't have to admit you're wrong if you don't want to. You can just allow me to write a few lines of explanation. We can work those lines out between us. For me this is not personal. I will be quite able to work it out with you. I don't care about you. I care about being called a liar, especially when I've NOT lied, and then not being allowed to defend myself.

Can you give me ANY good reason for why you will refuse me this? Any reason at all?

You say you don't like authoritarianism. Was that just words? Why does your words differ from your actions?

Pat

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2009, 02:15:04 AM
Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 06, 2009, 01:45:23 AM
Actually, I think explaining why would damage his credibility more, at least here at Languish.

Right now, he looks pretty smart - why mess with that?

Plus he has that avatar, so that is worth quite a bit as well.

He looks smart? :rolleyes: How does he look smart?

He chose to stop arguing with you.  That's fairly smart.  Seriously from here he looks in the right and you look the fool.  And personally I dislike Stonewall.

:huh:

He's running from the argument and that makes him look good? How the hell can that make him look good?

Valmy

Quote from: miglia on December 06, 2009, 02:37:39 AM
He's running from the argument and that makes him look good? How the hell can that make him look good?

Because arguing on the internet is largely a waste of time?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

I just want to say this right here and now.

Anyone who wants to fuck with my boy miggiez is gonna haf to go through ME
Winner of THE grumbler point.