5 (10.2%)
Not if I can avoid it
2 (4.1%)
Never, never, never
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on December 03, 2009, 04:42:28 AM
No. It's unnatural. Mammals are not made to consume milk after weaning.

tits tits tits tits.

This is supposed to stop me from liking something?

Eddie Teach

I prefer 1% but will settle for 2% or even whole.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

My boys drink whole milk (3.5% fat).  I dont drink as much as I used to but I still enjoy a glass or two a day.  When I was a growing lad (between the ages of 14 and 19) I would normally drink at least a litre at breakfast and throughout the day another 3-4 litres.

My boys are not quite at that level yet but more and more space in my beer fridge is being taken by their milk.

I cant stand the taste of skim milk - might as well be drinking water.  2% is drinkable but doesnt have the tasty goodness of whole milk. 

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on December 03, 2009, 08:49:37 AM
I'm not sure I've had any milk in almost 2 years.  I drink lots of yogurt though.

I like drinking yogurt too occasionally.  At least the fruit flavored ones.  More than milk at least.

Caliga

I drank about that much when I was a kid, cc.  I had milk for lunch every day (school lunch carton) and then usually 2-3 glasses at night with dinner.  We weren't allowed to drink soda at home until I was a teenager and my mom gave up, but even then I still usually drank milk.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 03, 2009, 12:09:20 PMI dont drink as much as I used to but I still enjoy a glass or two a day.  When I was a growing lad (between the ages of 14 and 19) I would normally drink at least a litre at breakfast and throughout the day another 3-4 litres.

:o

Wow.  A glass or two per day seems alike a lot to me, but 4 liters per day I can't even imagine.

Caliga

Er wait, I thought he said 3-4 glasses, not litres:huh:  Ok no, I didn't drink that much either.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2009, 04:07:55 AM
I used to drink pints of the stuff every day.  Then someone told me it exacerbates psoriasis so I stopped.  Now I only have it in tea :weep:

Hmm, I have actually noticed my mild psoriasis acting up a bit since I started up with the milk again...   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 12:16:41 PM
Er wait, I thought he said 3-4 glasses, not litres:huh:  Ok no, I didn't drink that much either.

Between 13 and 19 I went from 5'2'' 120  to 6'7'' 240.  Takes a lot of milk to do that. :D  I also ate a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs for breakfast most days between the ages of about 14 and 17.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 03, 2009, 02:36:29 PM
Hmm, I have actually noticed my mild psoriasis acting up a bit since I started up with the milk again...   <_<

My wife drinks soy milk for the same reason.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 03, 2009, 12:09:20 PM
I cant stand the taste of skim milk - might as well be drinking water.  2% is drinkable but doesnt have the tasty goodness of whole milk.

That totally depends on what you are used to. I felt exactly the same, until I needed to diet and got used to skim. Now, 2% tastes over-rich to me and whole milk - like drinking butter.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Yeah, I strongly dislike the taste of whole milk (but typically cook with it exclusively).  Generally when I drink milk it's 2%.  When I was a kid, I drank whole milk though.

Ed Anger

I froth and rage when I discover the milk I just poured over my fruit loops is skim milk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on December 03, 2009, 02:41:34 PM
That totally depends on what you are used to. I felt exactly the same, until I needed to diet and got used to skim. Now, 2% tastes over-rich to me and whole milk - like drinking butter.

Yep, after I came back from hitch hiking through Europe in 89 I had trouble drinking milk again because I had completely lost the last of it after not drinking it while I was there.  Even skim milk tasted strong to me.  But when I started buying whole milk for my boys I got my taste back.