5 (10.2%)
Not if I can avoid it
2 (4.1%)
Never, never, never
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2009, 02:45:54 PM
I froth and rage when I discover the milk I just poured over my fruit loops is skim milk.

:lol:

Ed Anger

skim milk is an abomination onto the lord.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

If I'm going to drink milk, it has to be whole milk.  Skim just tastes like water.  I actually love dairy and consume a lot, just not in milk form.

Grey Fox

I don't think I ever had whole milk. Either 3.25% or 2%.

Oh, so 3.25% is whole milk.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Yeah, that sounds right.  I had a fight once with my brother who insisted whole milk was "100%" and so therefore there was 1/50th as much fat in 2%. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 03, 2009, 12:09:20 PM
My boys drink whole milk (3.5% fat).  I dont drink as much as I used to but I still enjoy a glass or two a day.  When I was a growing lad (between the ages of 14 and 19) I would normally drink at least a litre at breakfast and throughout the day another 3-4 litres.
Holy crap, that's a lot of milk.  That's like 3000 Calories per day just from milk.  It's miracle your body is not just one big blob of cancer covered by a thick layer of fat.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2009, 03:00:07 PM
Holy crap, that's a lot of milk.  That's like 3000 Calories per day just from milk.  It's miracle your body is not just one big blob of cancer covered by a thick layer of fat.

What you have to remember is not only was I growing a lot I was also a playing varsity basketball and I was swimming competitively.

My day would start around 5 am with two hours of swimming, then to the gym for an hour basketball practice, school, Bball practice at lunch, Bball practice after school then another two hours in the pool in the evening.

I gave up the swimming by age 16 when the basketball tournaments conflicted too much with my swim meets.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2009, 03:00:07 PM
My boys drink whole milk (3.5% fat).  I dont drink as much as I used to but I still enjoy a glass or two a day.  When I was a growing lad (between the ages of 14 and 19) I would normally drink at least a litre at breakfast and throughout the day another 3-4 litres.

At that age, Masturbation burns that right off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Love the Canadian milk bags, by the way.  :Canuck:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Iormlund

At least a couple mugs' worth each day, pretty much since childhood. Whole milk only. Skimmed milk is disgusting.
Interestingly many people find lactose aggravates Crohn's - apparently not my case.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 02:58:44 PM
Yeah, that sounds right.  I had a fight once with my brother who insisted whole milk was "100%" and so therefore there was 1/50th as much fat in 2%. :lol:
:lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 03, 2009, 02:38:34 PM
My wife drinks soy milk for the same reason.
I believe goats milk doesn't aggravate it.  However it's far more expensive so I only ever really get normal milk and just have it with tea.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2009, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 03, 2009, 02:38:34 PM
My wife drinks soy milk for the same reason.
I believe goats milk doesn't aggravate it.  However it's far more expensive so I only ever really get normal milk and just have it with tea.

I love goats milk ice cream.

garbon

My boys are not quite at that level yet but more and more space in my beer fridge is being taken by their milk.

I cant stand the taste of skim milk - might as well be drinking water.  2% is drinkable but doesnt have the tasty goodness of whole milk. 

I would have slapped you if you were my child; wasting my money like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

My boys are not quite at that level yet but more and more space in my beer fridge is being taken by their milk.

I cant stand the taste of skim milk - might as well be drinking water.  2% is drinkable but doesnt have the tasty goodness of whole milk.

Yeah, that would put me in the hospital.

Note the article, you Brits!  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers