Obama to go hat in hand to the Russians to beg forgiveness.

Started by Berkut, March 31, 2009, 08:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I think we need to press the reset button on Raz's Obama apologism :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2009, 02:13:08 PM

He isn't the only one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stop Hoping for that and Change with the times. The Obamamessiah leads the way.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2009, 02:18:25 PM
Stop Hoping for that and Change with the times. The Obamamessiah leads the way.

I like Hillary; she's kind of a bitch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2009, 02:15:43 PM
He isn't the only one.

He has the benefit of the doubt until the summer of 2010.  I better see some results by then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2009, 02:22:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2009, 02:15:43 PM
He isn't the only one.

He has the benefit of the doubt until the summer of 2010.  I better see some results by then.

Results? From Raz?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2009, 02:09:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2009, 01:52:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2009, 01:15:52 PM
Actually my view on Gates did not change between the time of my intial response and doing a quick google search. Because he at no time has ever expressed anything like the sentiment that the missile defense project was a boondoggle.

Spin however you like, but until you show me a source where he says anything of the kind, I will presume you were just making things up.

So...back to my original question:

O RLY?

Cite?

Well just to be fair please cite where Obama has his hat in his hand?

That is the message his entire approach to Russia has sent - that the onus for "fixing" the relationship is on the US, and the fault for it being acrimonious is the previous administrations.

Notethe difference between me puptting forth MY opinion, and JR stating that Gates told Obama "the missile defense system is a wateful, expensive boondoggle - that should be ditched in any case."

Gates, of course, has said nothing of the kind. He certainly has never said it was a "boondoggle" that should be ditched "in any case".

Oh see, when said he was doing something I assumed to you being figuritive.  Sorta like JR.  But since JR isn't I guessed that you really meant he was going to Russia with a hat in hand.  But apperently it's an opinion or some figment of your imagination.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I think you better post less and spend more time stocking up guns and foodstuffs when the Feds come for you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2009, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 31, 2009, 02:25:18 PM
Results? From Raz?

He needs to have left his parent's basement by then...or else.

Or Else what?  I could move upstairs...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2009, 02:46:27 PM
Oh see, when said he was doing something I assumed to you being figuritive. 

CAN YOU SPEAK LOUDER, I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR WORDS.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2009, 02:48:27 PM
Today the ground floor bedroom, tomorrow the attic!

There's a thing called setting your sights to high.

Admiral Yi

ATTICA!

I don't get the fuss over this thread.  Obama saying he wants a reset is no big deal.  It's when he gives away something for nothing that it becomes a big deal.