News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tiger Woods Accident

Started by alfred russel, November 29, 2009, 01:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on November 30, 2009, 02:00:59 AM
Sleeping in a pile of money every night must've really gotten to him.
I think it was the "with many beautiful ladies" part that got to him, or at least his wife.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2009, 06:30:33 PM
Still won't talk to the cops about it.

If it were Jim Brown, Ike Turner, Jackson Browne or any other number of celebrities known for incidents involving slapping the missus about a bit,  then I'd be concerned.
But it's Tiger Woods.  C'mon.

Seems the allegation is that the missus was slapping him about - with a golf club.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Brazen

Why did Toger Woods drive into a fire hydrant and a tree?

He couldn't decide between iron and wood.

DisturbedPervert

He lived?  What a disappointing ending.

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on November 29, 2009, 11:12:57 PM
Yeah, poor Tiger. What a hellacious life he must be living.

He's living the good life, wealthy, famous. But I was alluding to the fact that it comes at a cost for being a celeb, too high a cost sometimes. Paparazi, salacious stories, all the media attention, true and false stories. That's all too much for a lot of celebs. Our culture pays too much attention to celebs, and while people idolize them, at the same time people seem to find some dark joy in tearing them down.

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on November 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM

:lol:

Supposedly the police want a search warrant. Is that normal in a suspected case of spousal abuse?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: KRonn on November 30, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

He's living the good life, wealthy, famous. But I was alluding to the fact that it comes at a cost for being a celeb, too high a cost sometimes.

I was alluding to the fact that I don't have any sympathy for celebrities whining about being...celebrities.

If he doesn't like the attention, he is welcome to quit showing up in so many commercials. Stop playing golf, refuse to give interviews. The attention will go away soon enough.

Our culture does not pay "too much attention" to celebrities - it pays exactly as much attention as people who buy tabloids and watch the news are willing to pay to see it. How is that "too much"? How much would be "just enough"?

*You* are paying attention to it right now - why? Why do you care if poor Tiger is getting too much negative attention, as opposed to Joe Schmoe who drove his truck into the ditch after Mary Sue refused to give him his weekly hummer?

Are you giving poor, hounded Tiger "too much" attention, just enough, or not enough?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2009, 10:56:29 AM
Quote from: Brazen on November 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM

:lol:

Supposedly the police want a search warrant. Is that normal in a suspected case of spousal abuse?

Why the fuck do the police care?

If this was some nameless nobody, would they be sending multiple cars out to beg him for an interview over and over again about some potential crime?

0 rows returned

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on November 30, 2009, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: KRonn on November 30, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

He's living the good life, wealthy, famous. But I was alluding to the fact that it comes at a cost for being a celeb, too high a cost sometimes.

I was alluding to the fact that I don't have any sympathy for celebrities whining about being...celebrities.

If he doesn't like the attention, he is welcome to quit showing up in so many commercials. Stop playing golf, refuse to give interviews. The attention will go away soon enough.

Our culture does not pay "too much attention" to celebrities - it pays exactly as much attention as people who buy tabloids and watch the news are willing to pay to see it. How is that "too much"? How much would be "just enough"?

*You* are paying attention to it right now - why? Why do you care if poor Tiger is getting too much negative attention, as opposed to Joe Schmoe who drove his truck into the ditch after Mary Sue refused to give him his weekly hummer?

Are you giving poor, hounded Tiger "too much" attention, just enough, or not enough?
No, I haven't been paying much attention to it. I've been switching the news when ever the story comes on. I find it ludicrous that we focus so much on these celebs, whether praising or tearing them down. But it's a story, it's out there, so I see it and deal with it.

Berkut

But if "we" (and by that I assume you mean "you" since it certainly does not include me), did not focus on celebrities, then they would not be celebrities.

That is my point - bitching about how people care too much about celebrities, and how this is some kind of injustice to them, makes no sense. If people did not care about them, they would not be celebrities, and would not be rich and famous, etc., etc.

Bitching about people prying into their lives, while they cash the checks those very same people pay for, is bloody ridiculous. With rare exceptions, being a celebrity is a rather voluntary thing - if you don't want to be one, then don't be one, and nobody will care if you drive your car into the neighbors tree.

Of course, you may not be able to afford the house in the tony private neighborhood anymore, and your hot trophy wife might leave you, and you won't be fabulously wealthy, and worse, nobody will care about you at all.

Boo fucking hoo. Poor Tiger.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Apparently the new chick is incredibly hot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Also, this is interfering in my Lindsay Lohan deathwatch.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Isn't his current wife pretty insanely hot as well?

Really, how can she bitch now? Dude likes insanely hot chicks, and they like him...

0 rows returned