And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2017, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2017, 11:07:18 AM
Valmy, that's a dangerous attitude to take.  You and I are reaching an age where things can start going wrong.  Often they can be fixed if caught early enough.  Make sure you keep getting regular check-ups. :hug:

Regular checkups? Sure. Going in to get something checked out again? No. My stupid life insurance then freaked out that I had had a test and started bugging me about it as well and threatened to drop me even though everything turned out fine. Fuck you insurance companies.

At least if I do nothing the life insurance will pay my family if I die.
do you have to have medical and life insurance on the same policy?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335809-spicer-offers-cryptic-explanation-for-trump-covfefe-tweet

QuoteWhite House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday offered a cryptic explanation for President Trump's incomplete, misspelled tweet that went viral overnight.

"The president and a small group of people know exactly what he meant," Spicer told reporters.

The spokesman's refusal to admit Trump made a mistake prompted laughter from members of the media at the White House.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

See, this is why you can't see the pope Spicey.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

How the hell else is Spicer supposed to do his job?  He's under orders to admit no mistake, make no apology.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2017, 03:50:44 PM
How the hell else is Spicer supposed to do his job?  He's under orders to admit no mistake, make no apology.

I don't know. In this instance, Trump actually made a joke about it via tweet.

Also, he could always go with his conscience and quit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Even Paulus surrendered eventually

Zanza

He could just have said "It was a typo. Next question."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 01, 2017, 01:38:36 PM

Even Paulus surrendered eventually

Well, sometimes there's simply no going back home.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on June 01, 2017, 01:58:48 PM

That would be admitting a mistake.  And besides the problem wasn't that it was a typo, but that it was left there for hours without being fixed or corrected.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2017, 04:10:24 PM

I don't know. In this instance, Trump actually made a joke about it via tweet.

Thing is, you know Trump is right around the corner and has hammered him about what specifically to say to the very letter;  look at all the times they've been late with their press conferences.  Hell, for a while Trump floated the idea about doing all the daily press briefings himself.  The only thing stopping him is that he doesn't know enough about what's going on.

QuoteAlso, he could always go with his conscience and quit.

But he wouldn't beat me if he didn't care.

alfred russel

Had he done that, some of the coverage of the typo might have been diverted to other more serious matters, such as the complete clusterfuck of the trump presidency and his policies.

Look at Sav's post of the stories about this tweet on CNN. Stuff like this makes it obvious what a joke "reputable" outlets like CNN. The coverage may seem negative regarding Trump on its face, but I think it benefits him in the end.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on June 01, 2017, 04:10:03 PM

Had he done that, some of the coverage of the typo might have been diverted to other more serious matters, such as the complete clusterfuck of the trump presidency and his policies.

Look at Sav's post of the stories about this tweet on CNN. Stuff like this makes it obvious what a joke "reputable" outlets like CNN. The coverage may seem negative regarding Trump on its face, but I think it benefits him in the end.

Some of the what?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

All this negative press covfefe of the word covfefe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2017, 02:11:48 PM
The only thing stopping him is that he doesn't know enough about what's going on.

There's another thing that stops him: he's a chicken shit.  That's why he limits access to press and even general audiences and keeps holding campaign rallies over and over.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson