News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anti-Minaret Online Referendum

Started by Grallon, November 20, 2009, 10:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favor of a ban on the building of minarets/mosques?

European - Yes
9 (12.2%)
European - No
26 (35.1%)
North American - Yes
6 (8.1%)
North American - No
31 (41.9%)
Other - Yes
0 (0%)
Other - No
1 (1.4%)
N/A
0 (0%)
Meaningless Jaron Option
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 10:58:59 AM
I was expressing an honest sentiment in a slightly exaggerated language.  Whenever there is a disputed issue that's close to 50/50, and that issue has a pretty undisputed retarded and non-retarded side, you can be very sure that those identifying themselves as Republicans will make up the bulk of the retarded side.  I can't think of one issue off the top of my head where Democrats fall on the retarded end of the spectrum.
Love of the Soviet Union.

9/11 Truthers.
Were either of those issues ever close to being 50/50 in society?  I qualified myself for a reason, because I only wanted to talk about "mainstream retardations".  Of course there are going to be fringe retardations on both the right or the left.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 03:09:27 PM
Were either of those issues ever close to being 50/50 in society?  I qualified myself for a reason, because I only wanted to talk about "mainstream retardations".  Of course there are going to be fringe retardations on both the right or the left.
Point taken.  What 50/50 splits do you see as being retard-right?  I was going to grant creationism, but I don't think that's a 50/50 split.

Berkut

Quote from: Dorsey4GullerWhenever there is a disputed issue that's close to 50/50, and that issue has a pretty undisputed retarded and non-retarded side,

That makes no sense at all.

basically you are saying "Hey, whenever there is an issue under dispute, it is MY side that is not retarded! This, btw, is not partisan rhetoric!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 03:09:27 PM
Point taken.  What 50/50 splits do you see as being retard-right?  I was going to grant creationism, but I don't think that's a 50/50 split.

Gay marriage.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: Dorsey4GullerWhenever there is a disputed issue that's close to 50/50, and that issue has a pretty undisputed retarded and non-retarded side,

basically you are saying "Hey, whenever there is an issue under dispute, it is MY side that is not retarded! This, btw, is not partisan rhetoric!"

Ok, so name one political issue on which the official Democrat party stance is retarded.

DGuller

Actually, that's one of the things I thought of.  The actual issue isn't a belief in creationism, though, but rather desire to teach it in school.  I don't know the level of support for that one, but if it's supported widely enough, then it's a prime example.

Another example is linking Saddam and 9/11.  Frighteningly enough, lots and lots of people believed it back in 2003.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 03:21:03 PM
Actually, that's one of the things I thought of.  The actual issue isn't a belief in creationism, though, but rather desire to teach it in school.  I don't know the level of support for that one, but if it's supported widely enough, then it's a prime example.

Another example is linking Saddam and 9/11.  Frighteningly enough, lots and lots of people believed it back in 2003.
We just went through 10 years of a Republican controlled White House and Congress.  Don't you think if teaching creationism were a 50/50 split they would have done something about it?

I may be mistaken but I think belief in Saddam9/11 was pretty ecumenical.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 03:13:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 03:12:01 PM

Ok, so name one political issue on which the official Democrat party stance is retarded.

I can name a lot that *I* think are retarded, but so what?

Demand to bail on Afghanistan
Demand to bail on Iraq RIGHTNOW!
No blood for oil
Yanking support for Poland and kissing ass to the Russians instead
Spending trillions on bullshit that has nothing to do with stimulus

I mean, I could go on, but all I am doing is listing things where I think the Dems by and large are wrong. I would not presume to declare my views are "facts" though.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 03:21:03 PM

Not a 50-50 split at all though, and I bet a lot of people who believed it were not Republicans.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Love of the Soviet Union.

9/11 Truthers.
AIDS Conspiracies
2000 election stealers
"The Bush administration never wanted to capture Bin Laden, it wanted to use him to..."
Bush "shadow government"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 03:08:42 PM
Again, tolerance does not involve being nice or polite. Tolerance is an ideological/political stance, not an emotional or social one.
I think this is just one of those cases where the English word doesn't mean what you think it does.  I am not sure what word you are looking for, but "wow, what a retarded response!" is not an example of "tolerant."  Maybe you can get some Polish friend with a better grasp of English to help you find it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 03:28:58 PM

Yanking support for Poland and kissing ass to the Russians instead

That was a positive.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 03:08:36 PM
What's your objection?
I think it's an inaccurate characterisation of Cold War politics.  To the best of my knowledge the USSR-lovers never did well in elections.  I mean looking at the Presidents I'd say that Truman, Kennedy, Johnson and Carter weren't particularly USSR-loving, neither, to the best of my understanding were Democrat Representatives or Senators for the most part.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 07, 2009, 04:16:57 PM
I think it's an inaccurate characterisation of Cold War politics.  To the best of my knowledge the USSR-lovers never did well in elections.  I mean looking at the Presidents I'd say that Truman, Kennedy, Johnson and Carter weren't particularly USSR-loving, neither, to the best of my understanding were Democrat Representatives or Senators for the most part.
To clarify, when I answered I was focusing on the part of DGuller's statement about where the bulk of the retards were.

Fate

9/11 Truthers.
Stating that 9/11 Truthers are full of shit will not cause you to lose the Democrat primary.

Stating that man evolved from a pile of goo consisting of ribonucleotides and lipid membranes will cause you to lose the Republican primary in a landslide.