News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anti-Minaret Online Referendum

Started by Grallon, November 20, 2009, 10:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favor of a ban on the building of minarets/mosques?

European - Yes
9 (12.2%)
European - No
26 (35.1%)
North American - Yes
6 (8.1%)
North American - No
31 (41.9%)
Other - Yes
0 (0%)
Other - No
1 (1.4%)
N/A
0 (0%)
Meaningless Jaron Option
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Grallon

On Nov. 29th the citizens of Switzerland will be called to approve or disaprove a ban on the construction of muslim minarets in their country.  My new avatar is the poster of the YES camp, and the source of major anti-racism handwringning from what I read.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,654963,00.html
http://pluralism.org/news/continuing_stories_view/214
http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/sharia-creeps-in-switzerland-govt-bans-anti-minaret-posters/

The Swiss case is merely one of the many symptoms of the increasing unsease in the West regarding the numerous excesses of multiculturalism.

So are you in favor or not of such a ban?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Faeelin

Absolutely not? Unless ya'll want us to start voting on your rights, Grallon.

Sheilbh

Architecture the latest excess of multiculturalism.

No.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: Faeelin on November 20, 2009, 10:13:46 AM

To which I'll reply what I usually reply: show me throat-cutting, bomb-exploding, plane- highjacking, honor-killing, religious-creeping homos, in vast numbers, and I'll accept this moral equivalence as a valid argument.  Actually if you can find one, just one, that isn't a psychopath mind you, and I'll concede the point.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grallon on November 20, 2009, 10:22:43 AM
To which I'll reply what I usually reply: show me throat-cutting, bomb-exploding, plane- highjacking, honor-killing, religious-creeping homos, in vast numbers, and I'll accept this moral equivalence as a valid argument.  Actually if you can find one, just one, that isn't a psychopath mind you, and I'll concede the point.
I think it's the opposite of moral equivalence to insist that all people have the same rights.  Surely the moral equivalence is that one's rights can and should be limited according to the behaviour of your group represented by its most extreme and violent elements.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

We would need to ban Irish pubs as well  :D

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Hrmm. I dunno. I can't help but suspect that more Americans have been killed by gays spreading AIDS than by "throat-cutting" Muslims.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on November 20, 2009, 10:13:46 AM

G.

Pre-Airplanes and Bombs but Spartans would fit well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on November 20, 2009, 10:35:31 AM
Hrmm. I dunno. I can't help but suspect that more Americans have been killed by gays spreading AIDS than by "throat-cutting" Muslims.

Assassins for hire! :punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I won't rest until everybody lives in a split-level in the 'burbs.  That way everyone is a proper person.

Except poor people. They are often smelly.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DisturbedPervert

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.