[Gay] Lesbians parents better at raising children

Started by ulmont, November 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:30:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 02:25:51 PM

One thing is that it does appear that sexuality is an elastic concept despite what people on both sides of the debate wish to say about it.

Uhm, that's ridiculous. Trying to conform and being in denial does not mean sexuality is elastic - only that people try to fight it off initially. If sexuality was elastic, why would anyone choose to be gay at all, considering the amount of homophobic crap one has to deal with.

If anything, this suggests exactly the opposite to what you are saying - that even having a previous heterosexual relationship and kids is not enough to keep one from eventually following their true sexuality.

A bit touchy about that Marti.  Coming to close to a nerve perhaps?

No, coming too close to the standard fare homophobic claptrap you hear all too often. Let's face it - you are a homophobic scum. You hide it quite well - after all, it would not do for someone with your career and social status to be an outspoken bigot - but with your comments you prove over and over again, you are a homophobe.

Knowing the kind of person you are, I do not doubt two lesbians would be better parents than you. Hell, grallon would be a better parent than you.

I really don't have anything else to say to you.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2009, 02:11:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 09:49:11 AM
Since Lesbians are unlikely to get pregnant by accident, the demographic is skewed in favour of those who go through considerable effort & trouble to be parents - as opposed to the hetero category, which includes a percentage of those too dumb to use birth control and too squeamish or religious to get abortions.

Actually the few lesbian couples I know have children from previous, straight, relationships.

Chances are you will still get significant statistical skewing. Certainly some percentage of lesbian women will have "accidental kids", but chances are very high that less will than straight women, since straight woman sexuality involves doing things that often risk pregnacy for fun and gay woman sexuality doesn't.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 02:55:57 PM
Since Lesbians are unlikely to get pregnant by accident, the demographic is skewed in favour of those who go through considerable effort & trouble to be parents - as opposed to the hetero category, which includes a percentage of those too dumb to use birth control and too squeamish or religious to get abortions.

Actually the few lesbian couples I know have children from previous, straight, relationships.

Chances are you will still get significant statistical skewing. Certainly some percentage of lesbian women will have "accidental kids", but chances are very high that less will than straight women, since straight woman sexuality involves doing things that often risk pregnacy for fun and gay woman sexuality doesn't.

Actually, you are probably wrong, but not sure if this would be statistically significant. I read about some statistics showing that gay people who have straight sex early in their life are more likely to "Try for a Kid" (in Sims 3 terms) than the sexually not-confused straight kids. Apparently, this is a psychological mechanism resulting from the denial of one's sexual identity.

Martinus

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:58:27 PM
Actually, you are probably wrong, but not sure if this would be statistically significant. I read about some statistics showing that gay people who have straight sex early in their life are more likely to "Try for a Kid" (in Sims 3 terms) than the sexually not-confused straight kids. Apparently, this is a psychological mechanism resulting from the denial of one's sexual identity.

That sounds plausible.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

QuoteDaughters of lesbians are more likely to aspire to professions that were traditionally considered male, such as doctors or lawyers.

This is actually a good metric though it sorta throws me off.  Talk about dead traditions, I don't think anybody has considered those two professions male since the 1970s.  I thought they were going to talk about the military or math and science something that is currently thought of as male.  If we are going to get into archaic ideas of gender relations you can safely regard any profession outside of Nursing, Teaching, and Secretarial work as being male.  Even being a professional cook was considered male.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2009, 03:02:27 PM
QuoteDaughters of lesbians are more likely to aspire to professions that were traditionally considered male, such as doctors or lawyers.

This is actually a good metric though it sorta throws me off.  Talk about dead traditions, I don't think anybody has considered those two professions male since the 1970s.  I thought they were going to talk about the military or math and science something that is currently thought of as male.  If we are going to get into archaic ideas of gender relations you can safely regard any profession outside of Nursing, Teaching, and Secretarial work.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe there aren't many female surgeons, but doctors overall have plenty of women. Likewise, in lawyering, there are some areas that are virtually dominated by women. In Poland at least, we also have plenty of female judges.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:48:02 PM

No, coming too close to the standard fare homophobic claptrap you hear all too often. Let's face it - you are a homophobic scum. You hide it quite well - after all, it would not do for someone with your career and social status to be an outspoken bigot - but with your comments you prove over and over again, you are a homophobe.

Knowing the kind of person you are, I do not doubt two lesbians would be better parents than you. Hell, grallon would be a better parent than you.

The idea that sexuality is elastic is considered mainstream psychology.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2009, 03:04:28 PM

Fuck you, you Homophobe!!!!!

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2009, 03:04:28 PM

But then the idea that you are delusional is also considered mainstream psychology. So if you say something is considered mainstream psychology, is it true or is it part of your delusion?

I think I discovered the Raz's Paradox.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:58:27 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 02:55:57 PM

Not sure what you mean. To me, it seems the equation goes like this:

1 - Those who have kids by chance, without specifically wanting them, are more likely to have lousy parenting skills than those who want them.

2. - On average, the more a women screws guys, the more likely they are to get pregnant (assuming for the sake of argument birth control status etc is the same).

3 - The "hetero woman" category contains a larger percentage of women who will have kids without wanting them than the "gay women" category, because on average they, by definition, screw more guys (not to deny that gay women have previous hetero relations, get raped, etc., but *on average* they screw less guys than straight women on average).

4 - If these three points are correct, then one would predict that the *average* gay women makes a better parent than the average straight one - since they are more likely to have a kid by choice rather than chance.

Where is the flaw in this logic?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius