And we're back!

Main Menu

Semana diez del NFL

Started by katmai, November 10, 2009, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Strix on November 15, 2009, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 04:31:53 PM
I wish.  But they never shut up when they lose like this-- they just start talking about things they did in past seasons.

It could be worse.  We could be like the fans of that other AFC North team that whine and moan about officiating every week because their team can't win any big games since winning their one (and probably only) title.
:lmfao:

Holy shit way to kick the guy who isn't even in the argument.

derspiess

Quote from: Strix on November 15, 2009, 04:45:47 PM
It could be worse.  We could be like the fans of that other AFC North team that whine and moan about officiating every week because their team can't win any big games since winning their one (and probably only) title.

Good point, but the only thing I have to do to not hear that is not visit Languish.  Steelers fans are everywhere.

Speaking of which, judging by all the hometown yokels I reluctantly added as friends in Facebook, either the Steelers have become the de facto "local" team for Huntington, WV or there are just a lot of bandwagoners there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Strix

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 04:53:33 PM
Speaking of which, judging by all the hometown yokels I reluctantly added as friends in Facebook, either the Steelers have become the de facto "local" team for Huntington, WV or there are just a lot of bandwagoners there.

It's weird. Everyone I have ever met from WV is a Reds fan but loves the Steelers. Probably a result of both of them being good in the 70's?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

derspiess

Quote from: Strix on November 15, 2009, 04:56:05 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 04:53:33 PM

It's weird. Everyone I have ever met from WV is a Reds fan but loves the Steelers. Probably a result of both of them being good in the 70's?

The Reds TV/Radio coverage extends through a majority of the state (population-wise), so because of that the Reds are still the "local" baseball team.  Bengals were traditionally the same.

The northern part of the state has always been in the Steelers market, and I think that 'boundary' has just expanded south/southwest as the Steelers have done so well & Bengals poorly in the past few years. 

Steelerism has crept further into eastern/northern Ohio as well, but mostly at the expense of the Browns.

Around the country, a lot of the bandwagoners justify their Steeler fandom by claiming some sort of link to the city of Pittsburgh.  My cousin, for example, never followed football much until recently when he decided to become a Steelers fan.  He has lived in Houston nearly all his life, but happened to live in Pittsburgh until he was 3 or 4.

edit: Oh, and re: the 70s, I was a Steelers fan around that time :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Charles Woodson...nice.    Gotta love the Romo crumble.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

I loved that fake motion by Witten. :D

Admiral Yi

I nominate Aikman for best commentator in the game right now.  All about breaking down plays, almost no Madden-style rah rah toughest player blah blah.  Jaworski used to be great at it too, but ever since they teamed him with Gruden he's following Gruden's lead on going Madden.

Neil

Romo's faggotiness in faking a hookslide was demonstrated.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

hmmm... I need 37 points or so to win in LFFL, but from Peyton Manning and Lawrence Maroney.

It could happen...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

You know, I really respect Tony Dungey, but he is far from a captivating tv personality.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2009, 07:36:53 PM
I nominate Aikman for best commentator in the game right now.  All about breaking down plays, almost no Madden-style rah rah toughest player blah blah.  Jaworski used to be great at it too, but ever since they teamed him with Gruden he's following Gruden's lead on going Madden.

Jaworski is one of the worst guys to ever do color for a football game IMO.  Madden was always entertaining & likable.  Jaworski is neither.

jimmy olsen

Woo! :yeah:

Been watching a live streaming British broadcast of the game on my in class movie screen. I'm so glad I had these two blocks open.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Stop supporting dishonesty, Tim.  Otherwise, I'm going to let CdM deal with you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Dropped passes are killing the Colts.