Started by katmai, November 10, 2009, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2009, 10:48:05 AM
Lulz

QuoteMoney for nothing: Fake $1 bribe costs Ochocinco $20,000

From Sun news services
November 14, 2009

Chad Ochocinco's pretend $1 bribe is going to cost him a lot more. The Cincinnati Bengals receiver was fined $20,000 and reprimanded by the NFL for taking a dollar bill onto the field during an officials' review of one of his catches Sunday. Ochocinco held the dollar in his right hand at his side but didn't give it to the official, who motioned for him to stay away.

Ochocinco said he was just having fun, but the league didn't like it.

Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations, sent Ochocinco a letter that said: "The very appearance of impropriety is not acceptable. Your conduct was unprofessional and unbecoming an NFL player."

The letter cited league rules that prohibit abusive, threatening or insulting language or gestures toward officials. The letter also noted that players are prohibited from taking items onto the field that are not part of their uniform. The league has cracked down on players using props for celebrations.

During the third quarter of Cincinnati's 17-7 win over the Ravens, officials initially ruled that Ochocinco got both feet down at the sideline for a 15-yard catch. The Ravens challenged, and the call was overturned when replays showed the receiver's toe landed on the sideline.

While the play was under review, Ochocinco walked toward the officials with the dollar bill.
The appearance of impropriety is bad.  Only well-hidden impropriety is allowed, and even then only in ways that are in-line with the NFL Marketing Plan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Dammit, Ben is about to pull another one out of his ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

The new Garmin commercial they're showing during the Bungles game is awesome. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

When are coaches going to learn that challenging a spot is a losing bet every time?

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on November 15, 2009, 03:47:11 PM
When are coaches going to learn that challenging a spot is a losing bet every time?

Marvin Lewis won one on a very generous Steeler spot early in the game today.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2009, 03:50:49 PM

That was a ridiculous spot-- ended up being a 3 yard error :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 03:53:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2009, 03:50:49 PM

That was a ridiculous spot-- ended up being a 3 yard error :lol:

Seedy might be right.

derspiess

Ed Anger

I can harass the steelers fans at work again tomorrow.

derspiess

Now watch the Bungles lose to the Brownies at home :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Thank heavens.  Now, Steeler fans must shut up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on November 15, 2009, 04:25:37 PM
Thank heavens.  Now, Steeler fans must shut up.

I wish.  But they never shut up when they lose like this-- they just start talking about things they did in past seasons.

ulmont

Strix

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 04:31:53 PM
I wish.  But they never shut up when they lose like this-- they just start talking about things they did in past seasons.

It could be worse.  We could be like the fans of that other AFC North team that whine and moan about officiating every week because their team can't win any big games since winning their one (and probably only) title.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher