Main Menu

Semana diez del NFL

Started by katmai, November 10, 2009, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2009, 06:50:28 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2009, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 11, 2009, 07:17:19 PM
Real men don't use armour in contact sports.
Touch football?  We have that too.

Yes, we do.  Whenever the New England Patriots play.
Lol... seemed that way for the Pats/Ravens game. But I also read in sports news that Patriot's players were complaining of the same thing regarding the Ravens QB, having to be so careful, even though I don't think the Pats got many penalties there, maybe one or something.

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 11, 2009, 03:44:40 AM
What's the line on the Pats/Colts game?
This could turn out to be a rock fight, tough game. Probably will be and come down to the last minute. These two teams seem to be that way, especially if Manning and Brady are having good games, which both of them usually have as a given anyway.

Iormlund

Quote from: katmai on November 13, 2009, 12:54:31 PM
Damn your Argentinian wife and their lack of Mexican slang!

QuotePocho (pocha fem.) is a pejorative term used by native-born Mexicans to describe Chicanos who are perceived to have forgotten or rejected their Mexican heritage to some degree. Typically pochos lack fluency in Spanish.
Quote from: Real Academia de la Lengua Española
pocho, cha.

(Voz expr.).

1. adj. Descolorido, quebrado de color.

2. adj. Dicho especialmente de la fruta: Que está podrida o empieza a pudrirse.

3. adj. Dicho de una persona: Floja de carnes o que no disfruta de buena salud.

4. adj. Muy bueno, excelente.

5. adj. Méx. Dicho de un mexicano: Que adopta costumbres o modales de los estadounidenses. U. t. c. s.

6. f. Ar., Nav., P. Vasco y Rioja. Judía blanca temprana.

I once met a girl nicknamed (by her girl friends) Chochopocho (chocho meaning cunt).  :XD:

HVC

Quote from: Iormlund on November 13, 2009, 05:53:08 PM

I once met a girl nicknamed (by her girl friends) Chochopocho (chocho meaning cunt).  :XD:
so her cunt is either rotten, loose, or excellent :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Iormlund

I did my best not to find out (and succeeded despite her friends' insistence to the contrary). But I'm pretty sure it wasn't the latter meaning, which actually I had never heard of before today.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Never heard of chocho.  Is pusa just a Central American thing?

Iormlund

Never heard of pusa. I do know that in Argentina they say concha.  Another, more popular, alternative in Spain is coño.

CountDeMoney

Lulz

QuoteMoney for nothing: Fake $1 bribe costs Ochocinco $20,000

From Sun news services
November 14, 2009

Chad Ochocinco's pretend $1 bribe is going to cost him a lot more. The Cincinnati Bengals receiver was fined $20,000 and reprimanded by the NFL for taking a dollar bill onto the field during an officials' review of one of his catches Sunday. Ochocinco held the dollar in his right hand at his side but didn't give it to the official, who motioned for him to stay away.

Ochocinco said he was just having fun, but the league didn't like it.

Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations, sent Ochocinco a letter that said: "The very appearance of impropriety is not acceptable. Your conduct was unprofessional and unbecoming an NFL player."

The letter cited league rules that prohibit abusive, threatening or insulting language or gestures toward officials. The letter also noted that players are prohibited from taking items onto the field that are not part of their uniform. The league has cracked down on players using props for celebrations.

During the third quarter of Cincinnati's 17-7 win over the Ravens, officials initially ruled that Ochocinco got both feet down at the sideline for a 15-yard catch. The Ravens challenged, and the call was overturned when replays showed the receiver's toe landed on the sideline.

While the play was under review, Ochocinco walked toward the officials with the dollar bill.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2009, 10:48:05 AM
Lulz

QuoteMoney for nothing: Fake $1 bribe costs Ochocinco $20,000

From Sun news services
November 14, 2009

Chad Ochocinco's pretend $1 bribe is going to cost him a lot more. The Cincinnati Bengals receiver was fined $20,000 and reprimanded by the NFL for taking a dollar bill onto the field during an officials' review of one of his catches Sunday. Ochocinco held the dollar in his right hand at his side but didn't give it to the official, who motioned for him to stay away.

Ochocinco said he was just having fun, but the league didn't like it.

Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations, sent Ochocinco a letter that said: "The very appearance of impropriety is not acceptable. Your conduct was unprofessional and unbecoming an NFL player."

The letter cited league rules that prohibit abusive, threatening or insulting language or gestures toward officials. The letter also noted that players are prohibited from taking items onto the field that are not part of their uniform. The league has cracked down on players using props for celebrations.

During the third quarter of Cincinnati's 17-7 win over the Ravens, officials initially ruled that Ochocinco got both feet down at the sideline for a 15-yard catch. The Ravens challenged, and the call was overturned when replays showed the receiver's toe landed on the sideline.

While the play was under review, Ochocinco walked toward the officials with the dollar bill.

I was surprised they waited until Friday to fine him for that.  It was funny though.

Viking

I nominate Jay Cutler for 49er of the year.

Edit: Smith had 16 completions to 49er catchers, Cutler had 5.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on November 14, 2009, 01:34:44 PM
I was surprised they waited until Friday to fine him for that.  It was funny though.

Cheap publicity for him.  And it gave him yet another thing to talk about on Twitter. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2009, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 14, 2009, 01:34:44 PM

Cheap publicity for him.  And it gave him yet another thing to talk about on Twitter.

I like Ochocinco when he has his head on straight.  His bitching and moaning the last few years have been pretty immature but when he is playing well his jokes are good.  He wanted to send mustard packets to the Steelers because they wouldn't be able to ketchup.  :lol:  Marvin Lewis told him not to.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on November 14, 2009, 10:28:11 PM
I like Ochocinco when he has his head on straight.  His bitching and moaning the last few years have been pretty immature but when he is playing well his jokes are good.  He wanted to send mustard packets to the Steelers because they wouldn't be able to ketchup.  :lol:  Marvin Lewis told him not to.

Yeah, that's just it.  He's entertaining when things are good but a huge pain in the ass when things are bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive