If no one hears from me again, tell my wife I love her...

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2009, 04:28:59 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 04:21:36 PM
Don't Green Dragons live in the jungle?  I think they breathe poison gas, too.
They also live in forests.  Red dragons prefer the mountains (the Rockies would be nice), while blacks like swamps and wetlands.

Dunkelzhan will control Lake Louis soon though; not sure if he's a red.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM
So I'm stuck in the crappiest hotel ever in Ross River, Yukon.

There's a forecast overnight low of -18C.  The heater is blasting out cold air.

There's a rangetop that I've cranked up to try and generate some heat, but I'm already covering myself with one blanket, and it's only 6pm.

If I freeze to death overnight, I'll miss you guys, and someone should call my wife up and tell her I lover her.

You know, I've said for ages we should have some procedure in place in case one of us dies, to let the others know.  I mean, odds could be pretty decent that some of us have already died.  Also I hope you're okay.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2009, 08:32:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM
So I'm stuck in the crappiest hotel ever in Ross River, Yukon.

There's a forecast overnight low of -18C.  The heater is blasting out cold air.

There's a rangetop that I've cranked up to try and generate some heat, but I'm already covering myself with one blanket, and it's only 6pm.

If I freeze to death overnight, I'll miss you guys, and someone should call my wife up and tell her I lover her.

You know, I've said for ages we should have some procedure in place in case one of us dies, to let the others know.  I mean, odds could be pretty decent that some of us have already died.  Also I hope you're okay.
Paul Atreides?  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

I assume Paul just got bored of us, same as Rocky Horror, Hamilcar, Camper, Savant, Top Cat and a hundred others. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 04, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
I assume Paul just got bored of us, same as Rocky Horror, Hamilcar, Camper, Savant, Top Cat and a hundred others. :mellow:
Getting bored of us is a boring hypothesis.  You lack: creativity.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 09:58:13 PM
I assume Paul is in the slammer.

He went missing for several months, only to come back and say he had been extremely ill. Things were looking up, but given his susequent disapperance I fear the worst.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Rocky Horror and/or Hamilcar suffered a lab accident, but will reappear as:

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2009, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 09:58:13 PM
I assume Paul is in the slammer.

He went missing for several months, only to come back and say he had been extremely ill. Things were looking up, but given his susequent disapperance I fear the worst.

Meh, probably locked up overseas, or tried to rip off the Russian mob or Hezbollah with his cellular technology thing he was doing, and got whacked.

Camerus

Korea

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2009, 04:41:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 04:31:34 PM
Hmmm... I thought something else lived in (temperate) forests.  I am trying to remember the other varieties, but can only remember Gold, Silver, and Blue.  Blue dragons breathe lightning and live in deserts IIRC.  I think the other two might live "anywhere" and breathe "all of the above".
The main ten types of dragons are as follows:
Chromatic (evil):
Reds breathe fire and live in the mountains.
Blues breathe lightning and live in the desert.
Greens breathe poison gas and live in wooded areas.
Blacks breathe acid and live in swamps.
Whites breathe frost and live frozen lands.

Metallic (good):
Brass dragons breathe cones of heat and clouds of sleep gas and live on arid plains and deserts.
Copper dragons breathe acid and clouds of slow gas and live in the mountains.
Bronze dragons breathe lightning and clouds of repulsion gas and live on the coasts, underwater and on islands.
Silver dragons breathe cones of cold and clouds of paralyzation gas and live on the tops of mountains.
Gold dragons breathe fire and clouds of poison gas and live anywhere they please.

What is all this talk of Dragons?
I want my mother fucking points!