If no one hears from me again, tell my wife I love her...

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2009, 10:53:24 PM
Isn't being in NJ bad enough?

<rimshot>

Here near the shore, it ain't too bad.  The retarded traffic patterns are still annoying, though.  WHY DO I HAVE TO DRIVE ANOTHER MILE TO DO A U-TURN INSTEAD OF JUST TURNING LEFT? :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM
If I freeze to death overnight, I'll miss you guys, and someone should call my wife up and tell her I lover her.

Don't worry, I'll take care of her.  Because I know you'd want it that way.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2009, 11:24:46 PM
Here near the shore, it ain't too bad.  The retarded traffic patterns are still annoying, though.  WHY DO I HAVE TO DRIVE ANOTHER MILE TO DO A U-TURN INSTEAD OF JUST TURNING LEFT? :angry:
Ah, the traffic patterns north of Elizabeth are freakin' amazing. <_<
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on November 03, 2009, 10:26:40 PM
Quote from: stjaba on November 03, 2009, 10:19:07 PM
Random question, since you seem to be bored: Do Canadian casebooks(or courts, for that matter) ever cite American cases? Thediscussion of Carbolic Smoke Ball got me wondering if I had read any Canadian cases, and I think the answer is no. But just now I saw a reference to British Columbia Saw Mill Co v. Nettleship, which I assume mostly likely fell under Canadian jurisdiction. But it was just a two line quote, so I had minimal exposure to the wisdom of Canadian jurisprudence. :( :Canuck:

More importantly, do they cite other commonwealth cases (as opposed to merely british cases).

Sort of.  A decision from the court of appeals from New South Wales, for example, isn't all that useful.

However, since the appeals court for the entirety of the British Empire was the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, and those cases were binding authority for Canada, there are some cases that are binding in Canada that started out in, say, Nigeria. :english:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2009, 10:50:20 PM
Wow, and I was pissed because of the crappy left speaker in my TV here at the Courtyard in NJ :lol:

I'm glad I could put things in perspective for you.  -_-

At 9:50, the situation is unchanged.  I went out for awhile and had a beer with a cop friend, came back and started up the electric range.  Temperature is holding steady at somewhere between 10-15C.  I have two pairs of socks on, and a blanket around my shoulders, but I feel fine.

Lucidor

I would make a terrible fuss about it, demanding a room change or if that wasn't possible I'd demand to pay.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

I thought that far north, stout Eskimo women are provided to keep one warm.  I saw it in a movie once.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Lucidor on November 04, 2009, 01:26:48 AM
I would make a terrible fuss about it, demanding a room change or if that wasn't possible I'd demand to pay.

The other room is an igloo.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Jaron

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2009, 01:44:57 AM
How are your nuts holding up?

They're fine. His wife has them in her purse back in Whitehorse.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on November 04, 2009, 01:47:50 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2009, 01:44:57 AM
How are your nuts holding up?

They're fine. His wife has them in her purse back in Whitehorse.

Okay, once in a while you get in a good one J-dawg.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2009, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM
If I freeze to death overnight, I'll miss you guys, and someone should call my wife up and tell her I lover her.

Don't worry, I'll take care of her.  Because I know you'd want it that way.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't know you had a thing for pregnant, non-asian chicks. :huh:

And also, because my wife is awesome that way, if you try and tie her up she'll rip your lungs out.  Just so you know.  Otherwise, thanks for playing daddy to my unborn child. :hug: