And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 09:45:56 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 06:20:51 PM
Blues are crushing the Canucks.  If I were a Canucks fan, I'd kill myself.

You have lost all grip on reality.  You need to replace Blues with Hawks and Canucks with Flames.

:rolleyes:

Neither game qualifies as a "crushing".  We'll see if a couple games in the Saddledome don't turn things around.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2009, 10:05:39 AM

You have lost all grip on reality.  You need to replace Blues with Hawks and Canucks with Flames.

Neither game qualifies as a "crushing".  We'll see if a couple games in the Saddledome don't turn things around.

being down 2-0 is pretty crushing.  Being up on 3-0 on the other hand is quite different which is why Neil has lost his grip and why the juxtapostion is appropriote.

With all the pressure of being down 2-0 we will see if the flames can perform at home.  It didn't work for the Blues.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 11:12:33 AM

being down 2-0 is pretty crushing.  Being up on 3-0 on the other hand is quite different which is why Neil has lost his grip and why the juxtapostion is appropriote.

With all the pressure of being down 2-0 we will see if the flames can perform at home.  It didn't work for the Blues.
I was referring to the one game where the Blues were up 1-0, before the Canucks started cheating and Bettman's love for them caused the refs to give them the game.

I wish death or injury to all Canucks players, and all their bandwagon scumbag fans.  Those weaklings have never won a Stanley Cup, and they never will.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

2-0 isn't the end of the world.  3-0 is crushing, but you can come back from 2-0, especially if you're going home.  Of course, if you've just dropped game 1 and 2 in your own house...
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 11:26:41 AM
Of course, if you've just dropped game 1 and 2 in your own house...

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

charliebear

2-0 isn't the end of the world.  3-0 is crushing, but you can come back from 2-0, especially if you're going home.  Of course, if you've just dropped game 1 and 2 in your own house...

That's a mighty long road to walk.

Neil

Quote from: charliebear on April 20, 2009, 11:29:26 AM

To be sure.  But it's not impossible, and so you should stay upbeat, especially if the games have been close.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Those weaklings have never won a Stanley Cup, and they never will.

Given that you predicted that the Canucks would be swept I take it you havent been watching hockey for that last couple of months.

charliebear

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 11:31:08 AM
Quote from: charliebear on April 20, 2009, 11:29:26 AM

To be sure.  But it's not impossible, and so you should stay upbeat, especially if the games have been close.

That definitely takes an amount of mental toughness.  When's the last time that happened?

Grey Fox

It's so going to be Price again tonite. :bleeding:

Atleast the Ducks are winning.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Those weaklings have never won a Stanley Cup, and they never will.

Given that you predicted that the Canucks would be swept I take it you havent been watching hockey for that last couple of months.
I will always predict against the Canucks.  I would predict that the U of A Golden Bears would sweep the Canucks, because the Canucks are the Patriots of the NHL, only without the winning.  Souless, evil and surrounded by legions of bandwagonners.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 11:12:33 AM

I dunno, the Hawks managed to come from being down 2-0 in game 2... <_<

Tonight will be critical.  Being down 3-0 is nigh impossible, but if its 2-1 its still anyone's series.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 19, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 04:36:48 PM
Doesn't matter in the slightest.  It was a little push that the player embellished into a flop on the goalie.  I've seen that sort of thing called before.

"A flop on the goalie?"  Are we talking about the same game?
Yes.

:rolleyes: yeah the Blues are so in control: down 3 games to nil. got the Canucks right where they want them.

Actually the Blues aren't playing terrible, they just don't have the same finesse and Mason however good he maybe is no Luongo.
:p