Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliebear

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2009, 06:31:09 PM
Quote from: charliebear on April 18, 2009, 06:30:09 PM

*Hands on hip*
*Tapping one foot*
*Angry glare*
I don't share neil's hate, but dammit your team is boring to watch.

Why?  Because they're good?  HVee, give me an honest answer, please.

HVC

Quote from: charliebear on April 18, 2009, 06:33:15 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2009, 06:31:09 PM
Quote from: charliebear on April 18, 2009, 06:30:09 PM

*Hands on hip*
*Tapping one foot*
*Angry glare*
I don't share neil's hate, but dammit your team is boring to watch.

Why?  Because they're good?  HVee, give me an honest answer, please.
They're good, yes. I don't know, maybe it's their pace? i just find them boring. i'm just waiting for the boston game and nothing else is on.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Red Wings are the Yankees of Hockey, passionless boring teams to watch.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 06:55:14 PM
ya, i think that's it. Very technical, very good, but no heart. even when they hit it's like they're hitting becasue that's the right thing to do at the given moment, not becasue they're into the game.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2009, 08:44:59 PM
Calgary is up 2-0.   :)

Getting Jokinen away from Iginla is a good move.

Altho, they seem to share assists on the 2nd goal. Middle of Change?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

C.C.R.

Yup.  The Hawks are in a pretty deep hole -- not an insurmountable one, but if Calgary goes up 3-0 then it's pretty much Goodnight, Irene.  That being said, though, the Hawks are a good bounce away from 2-1...

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 18, 2009, 09:02:24 PM

Yup.  The Hawks are in a pretty deep hole -- not an insurmountable one, but if Calgary goes up 3-0 then it's pretty much Goodnight, Irene.  That being said, though, the Hawks are a good bounce away from 2-1...

All true.   I feel good, but am hardly turning off the tv at this point...

JacobL

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2009, 06:58:01 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 06:55:14 PM
ya, i think that's it. Very technical, very good, but no heart. even when they hit it's like they're hitting becasue that's the right thing to do at the given moment, not becasue they're into the game.
I could see being unhappy with them over being "yankee" like but to say they have no passion???  This is the same franchise who had 'generational' goalie fights!  Same franchise that is extremely set on vengeance for dirty play against them as recorded on youtube.  To say they have no heart is just a crummy attempt to dodge the true reason people dislike them, jealousy.  I can understand disliking them for sucking up good players from other teams but the reason they can do so is not just winning but they also have a great team chemistry and are a great franchise to play for period.

Sure I am biased but that doesn't change the fact the team is far from being without heart.  Despite all their recent success they still have more fight and fire in them then 1/2 the other hockey teams in the playoffs.

Barrister

Grey Fox

C.C.R.

Quote from: JacobL on April 18, 2009, 09:11:57 PM
I could see being unhappy with them over being "yankee" like but to say they have no passion???  This is the same franchise who had 'generational' goalie fights!  Same franchise that is extremely set on vengeance for dirty play against them as recorded on youtube.  To say they have no heart is just a crummy attempt to dodge the true reason people dislike them, jealousy.  I can understand disliking them for sucking up good players from other teams but the reason they can do so is not just winning but they also have a great team chemistry and are a great franchise to play for period.

Sure I am biased but that doesn't change the fact the team is far from being without heart.  Despite all their recent success they still have more fight and fire in them then 1/2 the other hockey teams in the playoffs.

I agree with that 95%.  I'll readily admit that  I am jealous of their success, but to be fair I've hated the Red Wings for 25 years -- just like I hated the Minnesota North Stars & Toronto Maple Leafs, and how I still hate the St. Louis Blues.  It was a little something called the Norris Division, and I miss it so...

:(

That being said, though, what an excellent 2nd period by the Blackhawks.  This is pretty much how they have played most of the year, and I hope that they can keep it up for another 20 minutes...

jimmy olsen

Bruins crushed the Canadians. ^_^
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Ca we ban the Boston bangwagonner from this thread? I like Tim and all but Bruins-lover shouldn't be tolerated.