News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 18, 2009, 09:54:17 PM
It was a little something called the Norris Division, and I miss it so...
:ccr

Much as I miss the Smythe Division. :(

BTW - Blackhawks must die.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2009, 10:06:09 PM
Ca we ban the Boston bangwagonner from this thread? I like Tim and all but Bruins-lover shouldn't be tolerated.
I'm not a lover, but it's a foregone conclusion that they'll win the series. i thought montreal would at least win this game. i stay say they'll choke at home once the fickle fans turn on them.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2009, 10:21:59 PM

I love you, too...

:wub:

The Blackhawks finally put together a couple of periods playing at the level that they've been showing all year, and it paid off nicely.  I hope that they can take the up-tempo game that they just played to the Saddledome with them...

:ccr

Strix

Like my imitation of the sports media? Just like them I haven't even acknowledged that the Hurricanes are playing the Devils.

However, that OT win was sweet, and soon, once again, the world will have to pay attention to the South!!!

Hell, we even won with Hassenfrass and Van Massenhoven officiating. They always call a biased game against us.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2009, 10:34:52 PM
Ca we ban the Boston bangwagonner from this thread? I like Tim and all but Bruins-lover shouldn't be tolerated.
I'm not a lover, but it's a foregone conclusion that they'll win the series. i thought montreal would at least win this game. i stay say they'll choke at home once the fickle fans turn on them.
I just don't think that Montreal is as good as the Bruins, with the way they've played.  Price is too rattled, no Markov is devastating, and nobody has stepped up to replace Streit and Ryder.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2009, 10:21:59 PM
Calgary must stop choking.  They lost the first game through sloppy play (and a goal that probably should have been disallowed).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 08:38:13 AM
I just don't think that Montreal is as good as the Bruins, with the way they've played.  Price is too rattled, no Markov is devastating, and nobody has stepped up to replace Streit and Ryder.

On this I agree with Neil %100. I wish the teams could be more competitive. Nothing would be more awesome than a GREAT series between these two Original Six teams.
:p

HVC

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 19, 2009, 12:20:32 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 08:38:13 AM

On this I agree with Neil %100. I wish the teams could be more competitive. Nothing would be more awesome than a GREAT series between these two Original Six teams.
Price had some good saves, but montreal had trouble containing the forecheck. there's only so much a  goalie can do. was it me or was there some tension between Price and the other Montreal players? I mean even after he made some amazing saves i didn't see any congratulations from his defense or anything. I mean other teams pat the goalie with their stick or something, but montreal just seemed to skate past Price.

Grey Fox

Losing Markov is crippling. Replacing Streit was done late this season by Schneider.

The problem is Price. Halak should be in the goal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

charliebear

Quote from: JacobL on April 18, 2009, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2009, 06:58:01 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 06:55:14 PM
Red Wings are the Yankees of Hockey, passionless boring teams to watch.
ya, i think that's it. Very technical, very good, but no heart. even when they hit it's like they're hitting becasue that's the right thing to do at the given moment, not becasue they're into the game.
I could see being unhappy with them over being "yankee" like but to say they have no passion???  This is the same franchise who had 'generational' goalie fights!  Same franchise that is extremely set on vengeance for dirty play against them as recorded on youtube.  To say they have no heart is just a crummy attempt to dodge the true reason people dislike them, jealousy.  I can understand disliking them for sucking up good players from other teams but the reason they can do so is not just winning but they also have a great team chemistry and are a great franchise to play for period.

Sure I am biased but that doesn't change the fact the team is far from being without heart.  Despite all their recent success they still have more fight and fire in them then 1/2 the other hockey teams in the playoffs.

Yeah!  What he said!

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2009, 01:22:26 PM
Losing Markov is crippling. Replacing Streit was done late this season by Schneider.
Perhaps, but they're still less than they were last year, whereas Boston has improved.
QuoteThe problem is Price. Halak should be in the goal.
Even if Halak steps his game way up in the playoffs, he's still not good enough to compensate for Boston's superior firepower and physicality.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2009, 12:33:50 PM
Price had some good saves, but montreal had trouble containing the forecheck. there's only so much a  goalie can do.
I didn't see last night's game, but Game 1 he was bobbling the puck and letting out some bad rebounds.  He's made some good saves, to be sure, but he's also made some very shaky saves.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 01:31:01 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2009, 12:33:50 PM
Price had some good saves, but montreal had trouble containing the forecheck. there's only so much a  goalie can do.
I didn't see last night's game, but Game 1 he was bobbling the puck and letting out some bad rebounds.  He's made some good saves, to be sure, but he's also made some very shaky saves.

That's the Drunktard Indian for you. He's alot like Theodore in that respect.

You are probably right, even with an Halak stealing games. The fact that Plekanec & both SK & AK are totally useless will make winning a game impossible.

The fact that Boston seems totally immune to penalties doesn't help either.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Delirium

My guy Lundqvist is really messing up the plans of those Caps.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan