And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 20, 2009, 09:26:04 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 20, 2009, 08:57:15 PM
Well, the Flames have tied it up again, it's not over yet!

Indeed.  It's a fun game -- this one could easily go either way...
This has been the best series of the playoffs so far.  Neither team has given a really stinky performance.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Calgary finally got some good bounces -- a goofy carom off of Khabibulin's blocker finds the back of the net, and then Phaneuf got away with a high stick late in the period.  Still another twenty minutes to play, though, and I'm hoping that the Blackhawks can get a couple more bounces their way...

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 20, 2009, 10:17:58 PM
Calgary finally got some good bounces -- a goofy carom off of Khabibulin's blocker finds the back of the net, and then Phaneuf got away with a high stick late in the period.  Still another twenty minutes to play, though, and I'm hoping that the Blackhawks can get a couple more bounces their way...

:ccr

:console:

So I'm perplexed.  First two games I watched intently, wearing my Calgary jersey - and they lose.

Tonight I'm on the road (in Dawson City), and only just now caught the highlights - and they won.

So should I start ignoring the series? :unsure:  Or maybe it's just the jersey thats unlucky? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2009, 11:27:45 PM

:console:

So I'm perplexed.  First two games I watched intently, wearing my Calgary jersey - and they lose.

Tonight I'm on the road (in Dawson City), and only just now caught the highlights - and they won.

So should I start ignoring the series? :unsure:  Or maybe it's just the jersey thats unlucky? :unsure:
Refs not making calls helped too :lol: . Still, go Calgary!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Delirium

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 05:17:33 PM
John Tortorella is great.  His abuse of sports journalists is great.

Link me.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 09:22:54 PM
Ok I watched the first two periods and then had to go out to eat.

Fortunately the third was nothing but beautiful beautiful Cap domination.  :menace:

Avery can't bother a goalie that doesn't speak english.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Are there any Detroit players you want punched in the nuts tonight? Also, if they allow signs, look for my THEO FLUERY IS MY ANTI-DRUG sign on TV. I should be near ice level.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on April 21, 2009, 01:24:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 05:17:33 PM
John Tortorella is great.  His abuse of sports journalists is great.

Link me.
Can't link to TV.  :(
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

well, I'm getting a TV this week, hopefully tonight after work, so I can keep up.
humans were created in their own image

Delirium

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 06:23:28 AM
Are there any Detroit players you want punched in the nuts tonight? Also, if they allow signs, look for my THEO FLUERY IS MY ANTI-DRUG sign on TV. I should be near ice level.

It's Fleury, and I will.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 06:23:28 AM
All of them.

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on April 21, 2009, 07:45:59 AM
well, I'm getting a TV this week, hopefully tonight after work, so I can keep up.

So you can watch the CBC?