Two arrested in Chicago for conspiracy to attack Jyllands-posten

Started by Pat, October 27, 2009, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: miglia on October 28, 2009, 05:50:42 PM
Quote1. Sorry, that's just not good enough for something that is put forward as a serious alternative to a constitutional court.

Why not? Can you give any examples of when our current system has produced unwanted consequenses?

Quote2. Gee, I guess that's why it would be useful to, you know, have a constitutional court to settle these things. Funny that.

And why can't the supreme court settle these things?

The supreme court doesn't have the function a constitutional court would have.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pat

There's for example in Regeringsformen that the Swedish constitution takes precedence over agreement with foreign entities. I.e. the constitution is at the top of the Swedish hierarchy of laws.

Pat

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2009, 05:56:03 PM
Quote from: miglia on October 28, 2009, 05:50:42 PM
Quote1. Sorry, that's just not good enough for something that is put forward as a serious alternative to a constitutional court.

Why not? Can you give any examples of when our current system has produced unwanted consequenses?

Quote2. Gee, I guess that's why it would be useful to, you know, have a constitutional court to settle these things. Funny that.

And why can't the supreme court settle these things?

The supreme court doesn't have the function a constitutional court would have.

1. You still need to produce an example of when our current way of doing things has produced unwanted consequenses.

2. How would a constitutional court be better than what we have now?

The Brain

Quote from: miglia on October 28, 2009, 05:53:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2009, 05:50:08 PM
Quote from: miglia on October 28, 2009, 05:47:05 PM
Why not?

2 kap. 23 §

Lag eller annan föreskrift får ej meddelas i strid med Sveriges åtaganden på grund av den europeiska konventionen angående skydd för de mänskliga rättigheterna och de grundläggande friheterna. Lag (1994:1468).

This is one of the changes in Regeringsformen, there's a crapload more of them.

QuoteAll offentlig makt i Sverige utgår från folket.

This is still the first line of the constitution. But it's not true given EU membership.

That's a so called "Portalstadgande" and not to be interpreted literally. And yes it's true lol. :lol:

No it's not. I don't think we will make much progress here though.

The Brain

Pat

I suppose, since you apparently hold your opinion for reasons of ideology and you have no good reason for why it would be a better way of doing things

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2009, 05:59:45 PM
We will have to agree to disagree.

Man back in the day these sorts of constitutional debates would have resulted in a battle to the death with long axes.  Vikings are so wimpy these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2009, 06:06:24 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2009, 05:59:45 PM
We will have to agree to disagree.

Man back in the day these sorts of constitutional debates would have resulted in a battle to the death with long axes.  Vikings are so wimpy these days.

Yes.