Two arrested in Chicago for conspiracy to attack Jyllands-posten

Started by Pat, October 27, 2009, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 09:34:00 PM
That's only symbolism.

You've got a constitution and a bill of rights and shit. Stuff that can't be changed through the democratic process aint democratic :contract:

:blink: It's already been changed 16 times through the "democratic process."  There are only two short sections of the United States Constitution that cannot be changed.
Experience bij!

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2009, 09:36:00 PM
Do the right thing.  Decapitate your royals.  It's The Right Thing To Do.

It would be a waste to decapitate Madeleine. I'd rather keep her in my basement. :P

bogh

The lack of attention to Denmark in this thread is a travesty.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: bogh on October 28, 2009, 11:12:29 AM

I was hoping for more too. We might have to re-print the cartoons again.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: bogh on October 28, 2009, 11:12:29 AM

I've demoted my Danebashing. Currently, no nation is currently #1 on my pet peeve list.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valdemar

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valdemar on October 28, 2009, 02:36:48 PM
must be because C4 hasn't been around :D

V

Or having to go to Copenhagen. I know if I had to go again, they would work on my last nerve.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pat

OK that was poorly phrased, but you know very well what I meant, I explained myself further in my next post:

Quote... America gives the judiciary (interpreting the constitution) a lot of power and the legislative (elected democratically) little power.

The more power to the people's elected representatives, the more democratic. That America holds other things in higher regard than demoracy can be illustrated by this:

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2009, 06:13:53 AM
limited government and respect for the rule of law >>>>>>> democracy

I rest my case.

QuoteFinland is a much nicer place, with a superior people. 

What about Ogle?

Eddie Teach

From what I've gathered over the years, Europeans aren't too keen on 50% + 1 voting away basic rights of minorities either. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?