Two arrested in Chicago for conspiracy to attack Jyllands-posten

Started by Pat, October 27, 2009, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 09:34:00 PM
QuoteMotherfucker had a lot of nerve, too, bashing the American democratic process.  Those fuckers still have a royal family, for fuck's sake.

That's only symbolism.

You've got a constitution and a bill of rights and shit. Stuff that can't be changed through the democratic process aint democratic :contract:

We're not supposed to be democratic.

Federal republic FTW.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 08:44:32 PM
Is it really so wrong to want to attack Denmark?
Krauts on bicycles had no trouble doing so. Is that something we want to see happen again?>
PDH!

Pat

QuoteDo the right thing.  Decapitate your royals.  It's The Right Thing To Do.

Never! :angry: I remain loyal to the house of Bernadotte.

CountDeMoney

Pat

Agreed, that's what I wanted it to be, it was you who hijacked it.

Neil

You've got a constitution and a bill of rights and shit. Stuff that can't be changed through the democratic process aint democratic :contract:
Are you attempting to take the novel position that the American constitution cannot be changed through the democratic process?

At any rate, I don't have much respect for the Bernadottes.  But then again, I suppose I tend to feel that way about Scandinavia in general.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 09:45:24 PM
Are you attempting to take the novel position that the American constitution cannot be changed through the democratic process?

Not exactly, but America gives the judiciary (interpreting the constitution) a lot of power and the legislative (elected democratically) little power.

At any rate, I don't have much respect for the Bernadottes.  But then again, I suppose I tend to feel that way about Scandinavia in general.

It's a royal house founded by a product of the french revolution, but it's our royal house founded by a product of the french revolution :P

Neil

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 09:54:44 PM
Not exactly, but America gives the judiciary (interpreting the constitution) a lot of power and the legislative (elected democratically) little power.
But the constitution is determined democratically.  Therefore, your point is moot.

Besides, the entire Western world suffers from an overpowerful judiciary.
QuoteIt's a royal house founded by a product of the french revolution, but it's our royal house founded by a product of the french revolution :P
Finland is better than Sweden.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

QuoteBesides, the entire Western world suffers from an overpowerful judiciary.

Sweden has one of the weakest judiciaries in the western world :yeah:

QuoteFinland is better than Sweden.

They're a republic, hence they are not.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 08:25:04 PM
The most serious charges, conspiracy to murder and maim in a foreign country, were filed against David Coleman Headley, who was born in the United States, lived in Pakistan and now resides in Chicago.

Convert moonworshipers are the worst

Razgovory

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 09:54:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 09:45:24 PM

It's a royal house founded by a product of the french revolution, but it's our royal house founded by a product of the french revolution :P

It's the product of a cowardly and disloyal general.  It's like if you combined George McClellan and Benedict Arnold and then gave him a crown.  Of course it is the crown of an unimportant and backward country, but still.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 09:42:38 PM
Agreed, that's what I wanted it to be, it was you who hijacked it.

Swedebashing is always appropriate, and therefore not considered "hijacking", Hjalmar.

Eddie Teach

That's only symbolism.

:lmfao:

We've also got these things called amendments. Besides, limited government and respect for the rule of law >>>>>>> democracy, though we are fortunate enough to have all 3.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
QuoteBesides, the entire Western world suffers from an overpowerful judiciary.

Sweden has one of the weakest judiciaries in the western world :yeah:
Sweden isn't really one of us, what with their unreformed pro-Nazi attitudes and their refusal to join the West during the Cold War.  But Sweden has worse problems than an overpowerful judiciary.
QuoteFinland is better than Sweden.

They're a republic, hence they are not.
Finland is a much nicer place, with a superior people.  Besides, it's not like the Swedes have a branch of a real royal house, like the Windsors, ruling them.

Valdemar

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 27, 2009, 10:10:03 PM
Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 08:25:04 PM
The most serious charges, conspiracy to murder and maim in a foreign country, were filed against David Coleman Headley, who was born in the United States, lived in Pakistan and now resides in Chicago.

Convert moonworshipers are the worst

IIRCD he isn't a convert.. he changed his name to appear more western.... his real name is something Pakistani

V