European: No
Asian: Yes
Asian: No
Other: Yes
Other: No

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on October 29, 2009, 10:42:46 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 10:35:17 AM
some people are pushing for irradiation of everything.

:blush:

But this comes coupled with mass slaughter of animals.

Aren't you conflicted?

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 01:54:18 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 01:00:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 12:19:05 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 12:10:53 PM
radio reports are that people are very frustrated about execution. long lineups emerging, not enough clinics, not enough support staff, not enough people to answer the phones. it goes on.

There were some very long line-ups here when I got the shot.  I don't know how you avoid it though.

wait until the lineups thin out?

queuing up all afternoon with a bunch of maybe sick, and very stressed people, is low of my list of things to do.

it can't be good for one's health.

Meh.   When they told me it would be an hour and a half I just went home and got a book, then returned.  I only had to wait an hour it turns out.

It sounds like you're looking for an excuse not to get the shot.

Actually he is thinking quite sensibly. The chances of catching any virus (even of common cold) in a queue like that are quite high, and suffering from any viral seasonal disease is the first no-no you should be looking for when getting the shot.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on October 30, 2009, 05:50:15 PM
And now today she goes into work and they have several confirmed H1N1 cases in the jail. 
Isn't this a bit too extreme? I mean, it's not their fault they got it...

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on October 30, 2009, 06:26:19 PM
hmm... turns out there are two different shots for pregnant women - one for over 20 weeks, and one for under 20 weeks.  The under 20 weeks one isn't in the Yukon yet.

It would be ironic if by the time it arrived, your wife will have been over 20 weeks, but by then they will have run out of the over 20 weeks one. :P

Lucidor

Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2009, 01:30:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 30, 2009, 05:50:15 PM
And now today she goes into work and they have several confirmed H1N1 cases in the jail. 
Isn't this a bit too extreme? I mean, it's not their fault they got it...
:lmfao:

saskganesh

BC's Centre for Disease Control boldly forecasts that everyone should have their vaccinations "by Christmas."

And WHO now assets that pregnant women can take the adjuvanted regular vaccine without worrying about side effects :

www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/notes/briefing_20091030/en/index.html

remember kids, people who don't have the shot at  this very moment "are just making excuses."
humans were created in their own image

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2009, 01:11:20 PM
you are younger than 24? :blink:

Not even close. I wasn't talking about me. :)

Quote from: saskganesh on November 02, 2009, 04:35:48 PM
remember kids, people who don't have the shot at  this very moment "are just making excuses."

Or simply obtuse. :yes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

BuddhaRhubarb

hmmm I may have to check in the doctor's tpmorrow. paranoid about this headache... had a sore back this morning too. shoulders a bit stiff now. Tomorrow we'll see. don't think I have a fever though. seems fine.
:p

Barrister

No, I said you were making excuses.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And WHO now assets that pregnant women can take the adjuvanted regular vaccine without worrying about side effects :

www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/notes/briefing_20091030/en/index.html

Good to know.  I'll pass this along to my wife.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Still fine.

Still no Vaccine avalaible for me yet. Novembre 29th is the new date.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Mr.Penguin

The danish health authorities has asked Post Danmark how many flu vaccines would been needed to cover essential staff and so on, answer: very few, only the top management will be needing any flu shots... <_<

So I guess I am not going to any swine flu vaccine. Will properly end up like some kind of zombie creature spreading  equal amounts of flu bacteria and mail. At least until some B-movie hero lops my head of in some overdramatic way, properly useing a landmover or something like that...   
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

crazy canuck

BB, there was a story on the CBC National radio news report about how well the vaccinations were rolled out in the Yukon.  Ironically that story followed directly on the heels of a story about how Iggy was critical of the Government for giving authority to the regions as to how best to role out their programs.

That may be the last nail in Iggies coffin.  He has revealed himself as a true central authority Liberal in the old mold.  Not sure if he had this in mind when he hired Donolo as his chief of staff but he now has to live with that.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2009, 11:50:37 AM
BB, there was a story on the CBC National radio news report about how well the vaccinations were rolled out in the Yukon.  Ironically that story followed directly on the heels of a story about how Iggy was critical of the Government for giving authority to the regions as to how best to role out their programs.

That may be the last nail in Iggies coffin.  He has revealed himself as a true central authority Liberal in the old mold.  Not sure if he had this in mind when he hired Donolo as his chief of staff but he now has to live with that.

What I don't understand is this: the actual supply of the vaccine is federal. How come the Yukon has enough seemingly for everyone, whereas the major provinces don't?

It isn't something the Yukon is doing *right*, because as far as I know the actual amount of vaccine isn't something the province or territory has any control over.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 03, 2009, 11:54:34 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2009, 11:50:37 AM

What I don't understand is this: the actual supply of the vaccine is federal. How come the Yukon has enough seemingly for everyone, whereas the major provinces don't?

It isn't something the Yukon is doing *right*, because as far as I know the actual amount of vaccine isn't something the province or territory has any control over.

The way I understand it is that each region was given the same per capita amounts.  If our health minister (BC) is to be believed, Ontario ran into trouble when they didn't ration the vaccinations according to the protocols that were intially informally agreed to by all the health care providers accross the country.  Apparently the Ontario government allowed the vaccinations to be given to anyone who showed up without any prescreening for whether they fit into the group that should have received it.  Also that added to confusion about who should and should not recieve the shot because media in Ontario were reporting a protocol that didnt apply in BC (as an example).

Also, areas that do not have easy access to health care were given priority.  So for example in the North of BC the vaccinations are easier to come by.  I assume that is the same for the Yukon.

And for your cynical central Canadian soul, the reason the Yukon was being praised for its roll out is Whitehorse is doing innovative things like converting their recreational centres into innoculations centres and giving everone free passes to enjoy the amenities whil they wait for their shots (which are very well organized).