Asian: No
Other: Yes
Other: No

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 01:54:18 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 01:00:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 12:19:05 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 12:10:53 PM
radio reports are that people are very frustrated about execution. long lineups emerging, not enough clinics, not enough support staff, not enough people to answer the phones. it goes on.

There were some very long line-ups here when I got the shot.  I don't know how you avoid it though.

wait until the lineups thin out?

queuing up all afternoon with a bunch of maybe sick, and very stressed people, is low of my list of things to do.

it can't be good for one's health.

Meh.   When they told me it would be an hour and a half I just went home and got a book, then returned.  I only had to wait an hour it turns out.

It sounds like you're looking for an excuse not to get the shot.

whatever. the clinics here are not even officially open for low risk people such as me right now. they can barely handle the kids, the mothers and the elderly at the moment. I'll wait.

apparently Slt. Ste. Marie had the foresight to create an appointment system. here it's hurry up and wait.
humans were created in their own image

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
whatever. the clinics here are not even officially open for low risk people such as me right now. they can barely handle the kids, the mothers and the elderly at the moment. I'll wait.

apparently Slt. Ste. Marie had the foresight to create an appointment system. here it's hurry up and wait.

Well if they're not even taking healthy adults then yeah, don't worry about it.

Funny though they're giving the shots to everyone up here. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

So should I get it or shouldn't I???  I'm freakin' out ovah heah!!   :worthy:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 03:57:39 PM

Well if they're not even taking healthy adults then yeah, don't worry about it.

Funny though they're giving the shots to everyone up here.

Slightly less people to give them to.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Woah, poking about the 'net the anti-vacc lunatics are all over the place, this really brought them out of the woodwork.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Cecil

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2009, 04:32:50 PM
Woah, poking about the 'net the anti-vacc lunatics are all over the place, this really brought them out of the woodwork.

They´ve been at it here in the press for weeks. Thats when the press isnt causing panic in the other direction about what will happen if you dont get the vaccine.

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 29, 2009, 04:02:26 PM

If you can get it you should.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 29, 2009, 04:02:26 PM
I don't know but you should definitely get a shot for the freaking out. That's more likely to kill you than the flu.

Drakken

Quote from: Faeelin on October 29, 2009, 03:32:48 PM
Incidentally, the shot's only 68% effective. Have fun everyone.  :hug:

Source, please?

Because all published reports of clinical tests that I've seen so far show a vaccine efficiency of 90%+ for h1n1 flu vaccine with one only shot.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/NEJMoa0907413

Published at www.nejm.org September 10, 2009 (10.1056/NEJMoa0907413)

Response after One Dose of a Monovalent Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Vaccine — Preliminary Report

Michael E. Greenberg, M.D., M.P.H., Michael H. Lai, B.Med.Sc., M.B., B.S., M.Med.Sc., Gunter F. Hartel, M.S., Ph.D., Christine H. Wichems, Ph.D., Charmaine Gittleson, B.Sc., M.B., B.Ch., Jillian Bennet, M.Sc., M.P.H., Gail Dawson, B.Pharm., Wilson Hu, M.D., M.B.A., Connie Leggio, B.Sc., Diane Washington, M.D., and Russell L. Basser, M.B., B.S., M.D., F.R.A.C.P.

Background
A novel influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus is responsible for the first influenza pandemic in 41 years. A safe and effective vaccine is urgently needed. A randomized, observer-blind, parallel-group trial evaluating two doses of an inactivated, split-virus 2009 H1N1 vaccine in healthy adults between the ages of 18 and 64 years is ongoing at a single site in Australia.

Methods
This preliminary report evaluates the immunogenicity and safety of the vaccine 21 days after the first of two scheduled doses. A total of 240 subjects, equally divided into two age groups (<50 years and ≥50 years), were enrolled and underwent randomization to receive either 15 µg or 30 µg of hemagglutinin antigen by intramuscular injection. We measured antibody titers using hemagglutination-inhibition and microneutralization assays at baseline and 21 days after vaccination. The coprimary immunogenicity end points were the proportion of subjects with antibody titers of 1:40 or more on hemagglutination-inhibition assay, the proportion of subjects with either seroconversion or a significant increase in antibody titer, and the factor increase in the geometric mean titer.

Results
By day 21 after vaccination, antibody titers of 1:40 or more were observed in 116 of 120 subjects (96.7%) who received the 15-µg dose and in 112 of 120 subjects (93.3%) who received the 30-µg dose. No deaths, serious adverse events, or adverse events of special interest were reported. Local discomfort (e.g., injection-site tenderness or pain) was reported by 46.3% of subjects, and systemic symptoms (e.g., headache) by 45.0% of subjects. Nearly all events were mild to moderate in intensity.

Conclusions
A single 15-µg dose of 2009 H1N1 vaccine was immunogenic in adults, with mild-to-moderate vaccine-associated reactions. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00938639 [ClinicalTrials.gov] .)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Maximus on October 29, 2009, 05:00:43 PM
I don't know but you should definitely get a shot for the freaking out. That's more likely to kill you than the flu.

Unfortunately, they haven't started offering IV Valium at Walgreens.  :(  I'm going to trust the advice of the good barrister and go ask about the vaccine right now.  :Canuck: 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Drakken

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 29, 2009, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: Maximus on October 29, 2009, 05:00:43 PM

Unfortunately, they haven't started offering IV Valium at Walgreens.  :(  I'm going to trust the advice of the good barrister and go ask about the vaccine right now.  :Canuck:

If you can get it right now, please do. The sooner, the better.

merithyn

Quote from: Cecil on October 29, 2009, 04:42:11 PM

They´ve been at it here in the press for weeks. Thats when the press isnt causing panic in the other direction about what will happen if you dont get the vaccine.

Extremists on both ends are driving me nuts.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Berkut

Quote from: merithyn on October 29, 2009, 08:50:24 PM
Quote from: Cecil on October 29, 2009, 04:42:11 PM

Extremists on both ends are driving me nuts.

:huh:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0