European: Yes
European: No
Asian: Yes
Asian: No
Other: Yes
Other: No

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 12:19:05 PM

There were some very long line-ups here when I got the shot.  I don't know how you avoid it though.

There are ways
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2009, 12:00:45 PM
You dont think it is possible to have symptoms that are similar to H1N1 (shortness of breath being the big one that concern doctors and cause them to test) and not have H1N1 but some other underlying cause.  Really?

I certainly think that is possible; as I noted, some 67.5% of people who had specimens tested (presumably based on H1N1 related symptoms) did not have any influenza virus at all.

What I think is unlikely, based on the stats, is that anyone has an influenza virus and does not have H1N1.

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on October 29, 2009, 12:40:04 PM
What I think is unlikely, based on the stats, is that anyone has an influenza virus and does not have H1N1.
Why?  If no one is testing people to confirm other types of influenza why dont you suspect bias in the sample?

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2009, 12:41:57 PM
Why?  If no one is testing people to confirm other types of influenza why dont you suspect bias in the sample?

Because people are being tested and found not to have influenza?

saskganesh

Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 12:10:53 PM
radio reports are that people are very frustrated about execution. long lineups emerging, not enough clinics, not enough support staff, not enough people to answer the phones. it goes on.

There were some very long line-ups here when I got the shot.  I don't know how you avoid it though.

wait until the lineups thin out?

queuing up all afternoon with a bunch of maybe sick, and very stressed people, is low of my list of things to do.

it can't be good for one's health.
humans were created in their own image

viper37

they test in the early stages, i.e. when there's not a ton of sick people.  When there's ton of sick people, they only test the serious cases, and they assume that since they found only H1N1 so far, everyone sick has it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2009, 01:18:21 PM
they test in the early stages, i.e. when there's not a ton of sick people.  When there's ton of sick people, they only test the serious cases, and they assume that since they found only H1N1 so far, everyone sick has it.

Which is exactly why the data is suspect.

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 01:00:32 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on October 29, 2009, 12:10:53 PM
radio reports are that people are very frustrated about execution. long lineups emerging, not enough clinics, not enough support staff, not enough people to answer the phones. it goes on.

wait until the lineups thin out?

queuing up all afternoon with a bunch of maybe sick, and very stressed people, is low of my list of things to do.

it can't be good for one's health.

Meh.   When they told me it would be an hour and a half I just went home and got a book, then returned.  I only had to wait an hour it turns out.

It sounds like you're looking for an excuse not to get the shot.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

not that it matters but I am sure as hell ain't going to wait 5h for the shot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

We have arranged for someone to come to the office to give all the staff (and their families) the shot.  The trouble is with coordinating when they will have access to the vaccine.  Probably the 4th.

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 29, 2009, 01:59:02 PM
not that it matters but I am sure as hell ain't going to wait 5h for the shot.

I'll go on November 7th, which is a Saturday and I don't work weekends. I can wait a few hours allright to get the shot.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2009, 02:16:52 PM
We have arranged for someone to come to the office to give all the staff (and their families) the shot.  The trouble is with coordinating when they will have access to the vaccine.  Probably the 4th.

Man you are lucky to be able to do this, while in Quebec everything is currently centralized into the public healthcare system.

lustindarkness

Will this be the one to trigger World War Z?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Faeelin

Incidentally, the shot's only 68% effective. Have fun everyone.  :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: Faeelin on October 29, 2009, 03:32:48 PM
Incidentally, the shot's only 68% effective. Have fun everyone.  :hug:

But not getting the shot is 0% effective.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.