News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

South Africa

Started by Lettow77, October 27, 2009, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote(And yes, katmai, I know. Honestly, I dont know why I stick around here. I never treat anyone else here in such a manner. Maybe one day y'all wont have lettow to kick around.)

Hypothesis: I think Lettow wants to feel victimised for his political opinions - that way he can tell himself people's dislike of him is because of his politics. Just like how emos, who Lettow appear to sympathise with, judging by his avatar, style themselves in terrible ways so they can tell themselves people dislike them for their style.

Thoughts?

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 12:21:32 AM
The South Africa thing shows no signs of abating. I had an argument with the missus about the feasibility of moving there.

(And yes, katmai, I know. Honestly, I dont know why I stick around here. I never treat anyone else here in such a manner. Maybe one day y'all wont have lettow to kick around.)

Lettow, you try to defend a system of beliefs that most of us find morally repugnant and disgusting.  Those beliefs do no deserve respect.  Why do you wonder about the response you get when you want to discuss disgusting philosophies?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

The vast majority of people I know find homosexuality morally repugnant and disgusting. They do not make it painfully obvious, or mistreat homosexuals because of it. And, that moral repugnancy is really strange to me anyway. I find communism a sinister, terrifying evil, but I have never said a word derogatory to Ide on  the subject. I ever leave Queequeg alone (for the most part..) regarding his Russophilia, despite viewing Russia in general as a sinister, terrifying evil.

The South does not have to try hard to feel victimised. The South -is- victimised, a reviled colonial holding that is exploited and given no thanks or thought of recompense.  We provide labour and raw materials to further an empire that has no commonality with our interests and beliefs.

Miglia- the avatar is just the missus :mellow: 
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 01:56:44 AM
The South does not have to try hard to feel victimised. The South -is- victimised, a reviled colonial holding that is exploited and given no thanks or thought of recompense.  We provide labour and raw materials to further an empire that has no commonality with our interests and beliefs.

:lmfao:

Lettow77

And, I do not believe I have ever replied to someone with nothing but laughter.

Because that would be rude :)

Barrister

I meant to be rude.  Because your comments deserve only derisive laughter.

Lettow77

Such an attitude deserves reciprocation. I will not do so, however, because I see no reason to throw away what little good will I have by dint of being consistently deferential and polite for the sake of sinking to your level.

Edit: you know, I like to think nobody here would be so rude in person. It is amazing the boldness people get from the internet's comparative anonymity. Or maybe you all would, infact, and I am just spoiled from growing up in a polite and kind part of the world.

Pat

Quote from: miglia on October 28, 2009, 01:43:39 AM
Quote(And yes, katmai, I know. Honestly, I dont know why I stick around here. I never treat anyone else here in such a manner. Maybe one day y'all wont have lettow to kick around.)

Hypothesis: I think Lettow wants to feel victimised for his political opinions - that way he can tell himself people's dislike of him is because of his politics. Just like how emos, who Lettow appear to sympathise with, judging by his avatar, style themselves in terrible ways so they can tell themselves people dislike them for their style.

Thoughts?

I will explain further what I meant by this: He is too much of a caricature. I can not take him seriously.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 01:56:44 AM
The vast majority of people I know find homosexuality disgusting.

Only when it's two men.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 02:08:00 AM
Edit: you know, I like to think nobody here would be so rude in person.

No, I can be just as rude in person.  Ask around.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2009, 05:30:31 AM

it's true, between him and grumbler i was crying like a baby at gettysburg.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on October 28, 2009, 05:34:19 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2009, 05:30:31 AM

it's true, between him and grumbler i was crying like a baby at gettysburg.

Lolz, "Little Round Toppings"

Maximus

Quote from: Jaron on October 28, 2009, 12:51:02 AM
The South Africa thing shows no signs of abating. I had an argument with the missus about the feasibility of moving there.

(And yes, katmai, I know. Honestly, I dont know why I stick around here. I never treat anyone else here in such a manner. Maybe one day y'all wont have lettow to kick around.)

You'll get no sympathy from me.
:lol:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I thought it was your fairy tail vision of merry olde Ireland you wanted to move to?
██████
██████
██████