News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I narked someone out today

Started by DGuller, August 21, 2009, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 02:07:55 AM
Hell, I have considered taking pictures of license plates of people who do not slow down near the pedestrian crossings in my area. Of course you did the right thing.

Btw, ever since I've started living in the city center, within walking/commuting distance from all places I need to go, I have adopted a "death-to-car-owners" policy. :P

Too bad for you in the contest between driver and pedestrian, the driver always wins.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2009, 02:10:34 AM
Hell, I have considered taking pictures of license plates of people who do not slow down near the pedestrian crossings in my area. Of course you did the right thing.

Btw, ever since I've started living in the city center, within walking/commuting distance from all places I need to go, I have adopted a "death-to-car-owners" policy. :P

Too bad for you in the contest between driver and pedestrian, the driver always wins.  :P

Not in the court. :P

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 06:20:06 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2009, 02:10:34 AM

You are on trial in the court of world affairs.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 06:20:06 PM
If they end up in court, it just means that the driver didn't win by a big enough margin.

DGuller

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2009, 12:11:09 AM
I very rarely see them on Garden State Parkway, with or without the flashing lights
And, in the most expected of ironies, I saw one with the flashing lights on my next trip out of Atlantic City.  In my mirror.   :face:

He claimed to have paced me going 80+ in 65, which was BS, as I was doing 77 on cruise control.  He only gave me a warning, so I guess I can't complain.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2009, 10:11:46 PM

What does Languish think?  Was it acceptable for me to report the guy to police, and probably get him in a lot of trouble if he was indeed drunk?  Or should I always just mind my own business in such situations?

Thanks a lot pal. Cause of you, I'm in jail now. :cry:

No, seriously. You did the right thing. The guy is trouble. Good job. :cheers:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011