News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

South Africa

Started by Lettow77, October 27, 2009, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 01:56:44 AM
The vast majority of people I know find homosexuality morally repugnant and disgusting. They do not make it painfully obvious, or mistreat homosexuals because of it. And, that moral repugnancy is really strange to me anyway. I find communism a sinister, terrifying evil, but I have never said a word derogatory to Ide on  the subject. I ever leave Queequeg alone (for the most part..) regarding his Russophilia, despite viewing Russia in general as a sinister, terrifying evil.
Homosexuals deserve your derision.  Well, Martinus does at least.  Ide isn't really a communist, he's just a kid trying to figure things out.  Spellus embraces cultures that aren't his own as an affectation, the more obscure the better.  He's not evil so much as he is silly and ignorant.
QuoteThe South does not have to try hard to feel victimised. The South -is- victimised, a reviled colonial holding that is exploited and given no thanks or thought of recompense.  We provide labour and raw materials to further an empire that has no commonality with our interests and beliefs.
The South has been defeated for over a century and fully assimilated for several decades now.  The unique thing about the Southern people was the planter aristocracy, the agricultural lifestyle and the racial diktat of slaveholding.  The war eliminated slaveholding, industrialization eliminated the agricultural lifestyle and impoverished the aristocracy, and a half-century of urban living has dulled the edge of Southern racism.  Even fundamentalist Christianity isn't a uniquely Southern affectation.

No, the Southern culture as a mass movement is extinct.  The American Southeast is just another outpost of the mass culture that emanates from New York and Los Angeles now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on October 28, 2009, 08:43:18 AM
No, the Southern culture as a mass movement is extinct.  The American Southeast is just another outpost of the mass culture that emanates from New York and Los Angeles now.

While I agree with you on the first point, I feel obliged to point out that a large part of that mass culture is music, where Southern influence predominates.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Just when you're beginning to think Neil is about nothing but smartass one-liners, he comes out with something that is reasonably well-argued. :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 12:21:32 AM
The South Africa thing shows no signs of abating. I had an argument with the missus about the feasibility of moving there.

Oh, you enjoy seeing your girlfriend raped?  Even the police will rape white women there

http://www.news24.com/Content/SouthAfrica/News/1059/722052ef91364781b2ba6c52856794dc/27-10-2009-08-13/Cops_in_unifor

QuoteJohannesburg - A mother-of-three was allegedly "repeatedly" raped by two uniformed policemen in Kempton Park in the early hours of Sunday morning.

When he heard about it, Martie Olivier's husband, Sarel, went to the Kempton Park police station and assaulted various police officers on duty before being brought under control.

He said they were unable to lay a charge of rape later that day because the police refused to take their statements.

Although rape victims are not normally identified, the couple gave permission for their names to be published.

Nightmare

The couple's nightmare apparently began shortly after midnight. Olivier said he and his wife, 29, were at a braai at his parents' house in Birch Acres on Saturday night, after which they went to a nearby pub for a drink.

Olivier said that on his way home, he drove into a driveway and out again as he made a U-turn. A marked police van suddenly stopped in front of the couple's Toyota Run-X.

Two men in police uniform climbed out of the van and moved to the driver's side of their car before yanking the door open, he said. They then allegedly threw him into the back of the van without explanation.

"One of the policemen approached me and asked what I was prepared to give them in exchange for my husband's release," said Martie.

She gave him the R400 she had on her.

However, the man asked: "Do you really love your husband? Is there nothing more you can do?" He then allegedly climbed into the driver's seat of the Toyota and drove toward the Kempton Park police station. The police van followed, she said.

Olivier, who was in the police van, said: "About 200m from the police station I noticed the car pulling off the road, but I thought nothing of it. It's the police after all."

At the police station, the policeman driving the van opened the doors at the back and told him he had been caught driving under the influence, but that he was free to go.

The other policeman arrived shortly afterwards in the Toyota with Olivier's wife in the passenger's seat. When Olivier climbed into their car, she told him she had been raped.

Traumatised

"She appeared traumatised and I could see her underwear had been torn," he said.

It was then that he attacked police officers with bare fists. Olivier's hand was still bandaged on Monday.

"When I returned to the car, my wife was gone. I thought she had run away."

She allegedly lost consciousness when one of the policemen slammed her head into the dashboard while her husband was inside the police station. There were two policemen in the car with her when her husband was inside the station.

She said she came to on a lounge floor in an unfamiliar house. Her next recollection was of a security guard who woke her in a flowerbed at Boston Business College.

"He asked me why the police had dropped me off there. I couldn't give him an answer," she said.

After hours of searching, Olivier said he saw his wife in a traumatised condition walking from the Boston Business College at "exactly 07:20".

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 02:08:00 AM
Edit: you know, I like to think nobody here would be so rude in person. It is amazing the boldness people get from the internet's comparative anonymity. Or maybe you all would, infact, and I am just spoiled from growing up in a polite and kind part of the world.

If I met someone in real life who started spouting the racist bullshit you do, you're damn right I would call them on it and not worry about being "rude".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

I love how they put in all those quotation marks and allegedlies in the article to make it sound like a hoax.

Well. The Boers did themselves in when they let the subhumans take control of their country. And then they top that off with letting the negroes seize control.

Awful business.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on October 28, 2009, 08:43:18 AM
The South has been defeated for over a century and fully assimilated for several decades now.  The unique thing about the Southern people was the planter aristocracy, the agricultural lifestyle and the racial diktat of slaveholding.  The war eliminated slaveholding, industrialization eliminated the agricultural lifestyle and impoverished the aristocracy, and a half-century of urban living has dulled the edge of Southern racism.  Even fundamentalist Christianity isn't a uniquely Southern affectation.

Sort of funny this is obvious even to a Canadian yet Lettow cannot see it even when he lives there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2009, 03:37:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2009, 03:36:12 PM
Well, if you assume he means by population and includes people who consider themselves (United States of) Americans, then sure it's bigger.
Don't forget you have to mulitply the number of blacks by 2/3.
And then age them appropriately.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DisturbedPervert

This low level genocide against whites, especially against Boer farmers, will not occur without retaliation.  The Boers will lose, but the daily murder and rape of whites is getting ridiculous.  Even the ANC Youth League president Malema claims he will not only defeat the settlers, but the children and the children of the settlers, and President Zuma sings "bring me my machine gun"

grumbler

The South does not have to try hard to feel victimised. The South -is- victimised, a reviled colonial holding that is exploited and given no thanks or thought of recompense.  We provide labour and raw materials to further an empire that has no commonality with our interests and beliefs.
:lmfao:  I don't feel victimized, reviled, like I am living in a colonial holding, nor do I think I am owed more thanks and recompense than I get, so I am afraid your thesis is all about you, and not at all about the South.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DisturbedPervert

Here's a good Afrikaans song, about the Border War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PxkJzcTHUU

Another by Bok van Blerk about De La Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHoH7KsYDyI

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on October 28, 2009, 05:34:19 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2009, 05:30:31 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 02:08:00 AM
Edit: you know, I like to think nobody here would be so rude in person.

No, I can be just as rude in person.  Ask around.

it's true, between him and grumbler i was crying like a baby at gettysburg.

:yes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 28, 2009, 12:09:04 PM
This low level genocide against whites, especially against Boer farmers, will not occur without retaliation.  The Boers will lose, but the daily murder and rape of whites is getting ridiculous.  Even the ANC Youth League president Malema claims he will not only defeat the settlers, but the children and the children of the settlers, and President Zuma sings "bring me my machine gun"

Wow, that...sucks.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

The vast majority of people I know find homosexuality morally repugnant and disgusting. They do not make it painfully obvious, or mistreat homosexuals because of it.

I do. I mistreat Martinus all the time.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"