Main Menu

Obama calls for $250 payments to seniors

Started by garbon, October 15, 2009, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:59:39 PM
Good gays like you and Habs? Sure.

Bad evil gays like Mart? No.

There are only two Americans at play there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:59:39 PM
Good gays like you and Habs? Sure.

Bad evil gays like Mart? No.

There are only two Americans at play there.

The check would be huge.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 04:00:17 PM
But the runaway spending has to stop-- that most certainly IS a priority for my side.

it's funny, but sad.

The GOPs claim to being the party of fiscal responsibility used to be such a joke. Now it has credibility again, but not because they actually became fiscally conservative, but because the Dems just increased fiscal irresponsibility by an order of magnitude.

Look at this example - $13 billion more, and we have no way to pay for it, and the response is "Hey, no big deal! Why the fuck not, we are talking about spending trillions that we don't have, who gives a shit about $13 billion!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
I think we should give gays a check.

...right into the boards :menace:

edit: I was going to post a pic, but I couldn't find one that didn't look like one hockey player buggering the other :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Your emotional appeals are genuine & heartfelt, I'm sure.  And I am so nearly swayed by them. 

But the runaway spending has to stop-- that most certainly IS a priority for my side.

At least the spending could be justified before for Keynesian stimulus.  Now, with prices going up, it could be disastrous for the average wage earner.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 04:02:25 PM
The check would be huge.

If I was a rich boy, na na na na na..., I'd have all the money in the world.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 04:03:10 PM

it's funny, but sad.

The GOPs claim to being the party of fiscal responsibility used to be such a joke. Now it has credibility again, but not because they actually became fiscally conservative, but because the Dems just increased fiscal irresponsibility by an order of magnitude.

Look at this example - $13 billion more, and we have no way to pay for it, and the response is "Hey, no big deal! Why the fuck not, we are talking about spending trillions that we don't have, who gives a shit about $13 billion!"
True enough.  The GOP is the party of being slightly less fiscally irresponsible. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 04:03:14 PM
...right into the boards :menace:

edit: I was going to post a pic, but I couldn't find one that didn't look like one hockey player buggering the other :D

I was quite confused. I pictured headboards and went um...

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2009, 04:04:35 PM
At least the spending could be justified before for Keynesian stimulus.  Now, with prices going up, it could be disastrous for the average wage earner.
Are prices going up?  Inflation is as close to zero as you can get right now.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2009, 04:16:38 PM
Are prices going up?  Inflation is as close to zero as you can get right now.

A little bit...about 0.3% a month right now.  But that along with the stock market hitting 10,000 again suggests to me the problem right now is not a lack of cash in the economy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 04:03:14 PM

Well, that would certainly add a new element to the game.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Garbon is "Canadian"
Garbon is gay.
Canadians like hockey.
QED Hockey is gay.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Eddie Teach

"Canadian" being a code word for black according to some thread on Languish several years back.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I thought that I only pretend to be black? :unsure: