News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama calls for $250 payments to seniors

Started by garbon, October 15, 2009, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

So it's exactly like those boys on Wall street then.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 07:55:35 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 15, 2009, 07:52:33 AM
many seniors supplement their income with something like ownership rights, investments, or rentals.

And many don't.

But they all get another $13 billion dollar handout.

I know that's a few more shillings your precious Wall Street tycoons won't get in tax-supported bonuses this year but, as opposed to you, I'd rather see the elderly get a little help for a change instead of your boys down on Wall Street.

Berkut: Hating old people since the Reagan Administration.
He is right to do so.  Years working in a nursing home cleaning up shit has convinced me that the death panels are really the ultimate and final way of preserving human dignity.  Berkut's forced euthanasia idea is therefore not without merit.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

I know that's a few more shillings your precious Wall Street tycoons won't get in tax-supported bonuses this year but, as opposed to you, I'd rather see the elderly get a little help for a change instead of your boys down on Wall Street.

I would have no problem with lending senior citizens $250 in TARP money at 13% APR.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2009, 12:29:48 PM
Nothing at all like those boys on Wall Street.

Tamas

I am telling you, it is the beginning of the end.

It's like a re-run of what happened in Hungarian politics: borders blurrying between the centers of the two major parties cause them to up-play the irrational hate of the opponent to keep and gain votes, one party pays money and takes loans like there is no tomorrow and the opponent has no choice but to promise to spend more, and when given power, indeed it is too afraid to not do so, and starts literally buying off important voting groups.

The "lets start and try to do all the necessary reforms at once, ending up half-assed in all of them" is also the same you only skipped the the premature dismissal of an interim PM due to lack of charisma, because you opened with a charismatic leader.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 12:18:49 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 07:55:35 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 15, 2009, 07:52:33 AM
many seniors supplement their income with something like ownership rights, investments, or rentals.

And many don't.

But they all get another $13 billion dollar handout.

But the money won't be coming from the boys down on Wall Street, it will be coming from us.

In fact, what it really means is that a group of people who are probably more well off than the average will be getting money for no particular reason, since in fact their costs of living have not risen.

% of US senior citizens that live below the poverty level: 18.6%*
% of US Wall Street tycoons that Berkut would rather give the money to instead living below the poverty level: 0%

*NAS stats, not the bogus GOP ones.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2009, 12:29:48 PM

Don't sweat it, GF.  For GOPtard Libertarian Free-Marketers like Yi and Berkut, the elderly are simply unemployed welfare suckers with more gray hair and wrinkles, and we know how nothing could destroy the country faster than old niggers looking for handouts.

derspiess

Cool, another supposedly disadvantaged group Seedy pretends to care about. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 02:26:56 PM

I just find it hilarious that, of all the budgetary shenanigans our GOPtards could get worked up about, frothing over giving each senior citizen a month's worth of groceries during these shitty economic times gives us an idea as to where their priorities actually are.

Ed Anger

13 billion is what, 2 CVN's? Fuck it, give 'em a check.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:49:57 PM

I think we should give gays a check.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:49:57 PM

I think we should give gays a check.

Good gays like you and Habs? Sure.

Bad evil gays like Mart? No.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 02:36:27 PM
I just find it hilarious that, of all the budgetary shenanigans our GOPtards could get worked up about, frothing over giving each senior citizen a month's worth of groceries during these shitty economic times gives us an idea as to where their priorities actually are.

I think people have been considerably worked up about most of the spending.  I personally hate anything that smacks of the economic stimulus packages that were handed out by Bush.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 02:26:56 PM

I find it hilarious that you care so much about giving people who ahve more money than you do even more of your own money. It is like you just ahve to slobber all over any transfer payment, no matter how little sense it makes.

They aren't giving *poor* seniors more money - they are giving ALL seniors more money. Just because they vote - not because they need it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Your emotional appeals are genuine & heartfelt, I'm sure.  And I am so nearly swayed by them. 

But the runaway spending has to stop-- that most certainly IS a priority for my side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall