News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

PTI says Cutler is being traded to the Bears!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
That would be awesome.  Cutler would finally prove himself to be a total loser.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Cutler for Orton and 2 picks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

JacobL

QuoteJay Cutler told FOXSports.com Wednesday night that he thought he would be traded to an NFC team. He was right. However, it was not the team to which everyone had him linked.

Cutler has been traded to the Chicago Bears for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton, FOXSports.com has learned. Denver will receive Chicago's first- and third-round pick in this year's draft, and Chicago's first-round pick in 2010, along with Orton. The Bears get Cutler and the Broncos' fifth-round pick this year.

Denver will be fine, Chicago will continue to suck.  Cutler is going to have fun throwing to Hester and 2 decent TEs and no one else.

Vince

Oh Thank God!  I was afraid he'd get traded to NY.

Neil

Quote from: JacobL on April 02, 2009, 05:00:09 PM
QuoteJay Cutler told FOXSports.com Wednesday night that he thought he would be traded to an NFC team. He was right. However, it was not the team to which everyone had him linked.

Cutler has been traded to the Chicago Bears for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton, FOXSports.com has learned. Denver will receive Chicago's first- and third-round pick in this year's draft, and Chicago's first-round pick in 2010, along with Orton. The Bears get Cutler and the Broncos' fifth-round pick this year.

Denver will be fine, Chicago will continue to suck.  Cutler is going to have fun throwing to Hester and 2 decent TEs and no one else.
Indeed.  And even then, Hester isn't really that great a receiver.  He's pretty good, but he hasn't got the size or physicality to be truly great in today's game.

Now I'm torn.  I like Orton and want him to do well, but the Broncos are evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Vince on April 02, 2009, 05:10:19 PM

As opposed to the guy you guys have now?  Nobody.

Vince

Quote from: Neil on April 02, 2009, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: Vince on April 02, 2009, 05:10:19 PM

As opposed to the guy you guys have now?  Nobody.

After last year's disaster with Favre I'd rather not give away the farm on another QB that would screw up at the end of the season. 

Ed Anger

The jets need Jeff George.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2009, 05:21:42 PM

Nah we need a couple more Buckeye Alumni. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Vince on April 02, 2009, 05:24:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2009, 05:21:42 PM

Nah we need a couple more Buckeye Alumni.

Maybe they'll get another Mangold caliber player.

The Jets will regret losing the Nuge. REGRET IT.  :P

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2009, 05:27:31 PM

Maybe they'll get another Mangold caliber player.

The Jets will regret losing the Nuge. REGRET IT.  :P

I would love seeing the Jets draft Chris Wells or Brian Robiskie.

Nuge will be shot out of the pirate ship cannon in Raymond James Stadium by a mob of angry Bucs fans after he screws up like he always does.   :P

Neil

Quote from: Vince on April 02, 2009, 05:38:48 PM
Nuge will be shot out of the pirate ship cannon in Raymond James Stadium by a mob of angry Bucs fans after he screws up like he always does.
The Bucs signed him?  How could anyone be so desperate for a kicker?  It's not like there's a shortage, and even some kid out of college could be brought in.  Why get a player who doesn't give you a chance to win?

Ed Anger

Hopefully, Beanie Wells won't screw his leg up talking on the phone. Or walking.