Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 15, 2009, 02:32:32 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 14, 2009, 03:19:30 AM
Can someone please temp-ban him for that?  I'm in a library here.  With a lot of people.

Fuck off, idiot.
Ah, Marti the Tolerant shows us his tolerance once again!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Seen

Ok, I dumped Morrigan for Leliana and suddenly Zevran comes on to me  :huh:

Im not a homophobe but this is a bridge too far for a bit more bonus. So I turned him down and got -5 while he acted like it was no big deal! Men, pfff!

Grallon

Quote from: Seen on December 15, 2009, 02:09:46 PM

Im not a homophobe but this is a bridge too far for a bit more bonus. So I turned him down and got -5 while he acted like it was no big deal! Men, pfff!

You're missing out on great dialogues by turning Zevran away.  In this playthrough I made him my bitch. 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Sophie Scholl

Can someone please temp-ban him for that?  I'm in a library here.  With a lot of people.

Fuck off, idiot.
I don't know about a temp ban being necessary, but it is NSFW.  I'm sure if it were a naked female you'd be crying foul.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grallon on December 15, 2009, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: Seen on December 15, 2009, 02:09:46 PM

You're missing out on great dialogues by turning Zevran away.  In this playthrough I made him my bitch. 

G.

I'm waiting for a mod that makes him look different. I agree that he's a good character though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grallon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 16, 2009, 09:38:05 PM

I'm waiting for a mod that makes him look different. I agree that he's a good character though.

I'm using this one myself (never liked the blond hairdo):

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/images/164-1-1259116526.jpg

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 15, 2009, 03:13:28 PM

Fuck off, idiot.
I don't know about a temp ban being necessary, but it is NSFW.  I'm sure if it were a naked female you'd be crying foul.

Not really. If I worried about a collection of pixels vaguely resembling a cunt being a problem with my employer, I wouldn't post from work. The whole NFSW crowd here is becoming ridiculous.

Martinus

Anyway, I'm now on my third playthrough, as Ser Jaime Cousland, a human noble and a champion/templar. I'm playing him as a Lawful Neutral guy with little love for mages, and even less for blood magic and demons.

SPOILER:

The hardest decision so far: killing Connor (I wiped out the mages in the Circle of Magic - in a way that still kept Wynne with me btw - and executed Jowan for his crimes - which meant I had no other choice, pretty much). Bioware really lays down the guilt trip on you for that - I thought it's going to be a simple matter of having to slay a demon once he posseses the boy. They made it much harder - essentially forcing you to pull away weeping Lady Isolde from the prone body of her son and they slitting the boy's throat. Lost approval of pretty much everyone in my party (I travel with Wynne, Leliana and Alistair).  :blush:

Anyway, I am romancing Leliana on this playthrough. My plan is to "harden" her when we get to meet Marjolaine, and then keep her as my lover, when I marry Anora (and subsequently put her in a tower). I will be a good King (unfortunately Alistair will have to die fighting the Archdeamon - since there is no way I'm letting the blood witch Morrigan anywhere near my dick :P).

Martinus

And here he is, Ser Jaime Cousland, the future King of Ferelden.

He is not a bastard, mind you. He is respectful to the clergy and the nobility, always donating to the Chantry and asking for the Maker's blessing. He helps people who deserve it. He prefers to use Intimidate rather than Persuade, but uses it on people who show cowardice or lack of honor (e.g. the dwarf, the blacksmith or the innkeeper in Redcliffe, or the merchant in Lothering). He slays criminals without mercy (like the bandits in Lothering, the blood mage chick in the Circle of Magi, the deserter in Ostagar or Jowan), but is not needlessly cruel (e.g. I let the soldiers in the tavern in Lothering to walk away). Morrigan positively hates him, the rest of the party is more amiable. He will not spare Loghain, though - he is a peasant upstart and a co-conspirator in the death of Jaime's family.

So far Morrigan, Flemmeth and Wynne are the only mages who met him and lived - but it does not mean he murders them all (for example, he "failed" to save Irving :P).

Sophie Scholl

For the sake of completeness, I went the Diabolist (defiling the Ashes of Andraste) route on one save of my current game.  Damn!  Wynne and Lelianna jumped Sten and I.  Bitches!  Didn't matter though, as I demolished them. 

I've found a fantastic way to make money:  be a Dwarf Noble and sell all of your loot to Gorim in Denerim.  Wow.  I've made a metric fuck ton of money like that.  I've had enough to waste on some crazy items and armor, burning through at least... 240 gold with still about 90 on me.  I've got Redcliffe and Breccilan Forest to go as well.  Also, I made a save in Orzammar prior to support Bhelen or Harrowmont and plan to run both sides to see what happens.  I played through supporting Bhelen, once giving him the crown and once pulling the sweet revenge of giving it to Harrowmont at the last second.  I really love how each origin has such an impact when you go back to where you're from or interact with people from your origin.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

I Killed Kenny

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on December 17, 2009, 05:50:24 PM
how can you be king?0
I believe if you're a male human noble and have Allistar take the killing blow, you can marry Anora and become King.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 03:54:35 AM
The whole NFSW crowd here is becoming ridiculous.
I am not sure that you are a "crowd" but your NSFW posts are definitely ridiculous.  We have had the SFW general rule here since the start, and you are no n00b who can claim you didn't know about it.

Threads and links with NSFW tags are okay, since everyone who sees will know not to open it when it isn't appropriate.  NSFW posts in non-tagged threads, though, are simply inconsiderate.  The proper response to a complaint about one is "sorry!  :blush:" and a deletion of the offending picutre (replaced by a link labelled NSFW where appropriate).

You know all  of this, which is why posting NSFW stuff is indeed, as you note, ridiculous.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 17, 2009, 06:25:20 PM
Quote from: I Killed Kenny on December 17, 2009, 05:50:24 PM
how can you be king?0
I believe if you're a male human noble and have Allistar take the killing blow, you can marry Anora and become King.

It's not specifically dependent on Alistair, though you have to support Anora vs him (and propose marriage to her after you rescue her, before the Landsmeet).