Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

I loaded it up when I got home and all of a sudden its 8 hours later....gonna be tired at work tomorrow.

Scipio

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 04:44:43 PM
Motherfucker.  This game is damn hard on normal.  A rogue cannot avoid combat skills.  I repeat, CANNOT AVOID THEM.

I know.  Isn't it awesome?
I thought I was all clever maxing out coercion up front.  BAD MOVE.  And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.  You need a healer, for rills.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Cecil

Motherfucker.  This game is damn hard on normal.  A rogue cannot avoid combat skills.  I repeat, CANNOT AVOID THEM.

I managed to get a TPK in the tutorial.  :lol:

Truly an excellent game so far.

katmai

Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 05:25:01 PM

I thought I was all clever maxing out coercion up front.  BAD MOVE.  And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.  You need a healer, for rills.

get thee to Circle of mages, makes a world of difference if you get the party member you can recruit there...

but yeah i restarted with a city elf warrior as i kept dying so many times with my dalish rogue :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Quote from: Korea on November 05, 2009, 05:16:00 PM
Do you guys think this would play terribly on a console?
I got it for Xbox (simply because I get everything for xbox these days). Downsides that I have seen thus far: No pausing (you can hit "L" to pause the game, but it will unpause after you issue a single command). You only have 6 quick spell slots (at level 6, I already have 8 spells); to cast other spells you will need to go through the "L" menu. There's also no overhead view.

Apparently there are also some graphical differences, and they say that it's easier on consoles (so I'm playing on Hard). I have not found it to be too easy, and I have died a few times, but I think some of the difficulty is from the fact that it is tough to coordinate your party's actions, since you cannot really pause.

Initially I was somewhat disappointed, but the game is defnitely growing on me. It may be more like KOTOR than BG2 on consoles, though.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.  You need a healer, for rills.
Crafting potions is pretty easy. Pretty common elfroot (or whatever) + cheap flasks = potions.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.

:huh: I'm practically floating in the things.  Don't you have a crafter in the party?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

The video didn't seem to have a first-person view, is that the case?

Scipio

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.

:huh: I'm practically floating in the things.  Don't you have a crafter in the party?
NO HEALER.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Habbaku

Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 10:16:34 PM
NO HEALER.

I have two rogues, a warrior and a mage.  None of them heal with anything other than potions.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Quote from: Maximus on November 05, 2009, 07:31:15 PM
The video didn't seem to have a first-person view, is that the case?

I don't think there is a first-person view.  You can zoom and change the viewing angle so that you sorta follow the party.  But you still see their shoulders. 

Barrister

Local EB Games (the only place to buy games besides 3 year old titles at Walmart) was sold out.  Maybe tomorrow.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I will be getting it for Xbox, preferably tonight, since I don't own a Windows gaming computer, so I will let you know. :)

Korea

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 05:20:21 PM

The assumption is, for reasons I am not sure, that it is not as good on the console.  The actual professional reviews playing it on the console were very positive though despite this rumor.

I do not really use my mouse that much so I think it should be fine controls wise.

BUT I am playing it on the PC.  Read up on the internet a bit first.

Yeah, I will go look up some articles. I'm just wondering how combat controls are on the pc because I use the arrow keys (wow) to move around and I'm on a lap top so it's a bit hard to use the arrow keys and control stuff while you are fighting. A console controller feels so much more natural in my hands but I wasn't sure if this translate well to console (ex: morrowind magic user on xbox)

I really do want to try the game but I don't want to buy it if it's going to be unplayable for me.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Kleves on November 05, 2009, 06:20:59 PM
I got it for Xbox (simply because I get everything for xbox these days). Downsides that I have seen thus far: No pausing (you can hit "L" to pause the game, but it will unpause after you issue a single command). You only have 6 quick spell slots (at level 6, I already have 8 spells); to cast other spells you will need to go through the "L" menu. There's also no overhead view.

Apparently there are also some graphical differences, and they say that it's easier on consoles (so I'm playing on Hard). I have not found it to be too easy, and I have died a few times, but I think some of the difficulty is from the fact that it is tough to coordinate your party's actions, since you cannot really pause.

Initially I was somewhat disappointed, but the game is defnitely growing on me. It may be more like KOTOR than BG2 on consoles, though.

Ah, thanks.
I want my mother fucking points!