Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Hmmm this looks like a welcome break from both LotRO and EUIII.
Not many classes though...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 06, 2009, 03:25:03 PM
Hmmm this looks like a welcome break from both LotRO and EUIII.
Not many classes though...

G.

There are 12 of them.  :huh:

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on November 06, 2009, 12:05:19 PM
I don't buy things online if I can help it.  It is a matter of principle.
dinosaur sighted! :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 06, 2009, 03:31:42 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 03:26:32 PM

There are 12 of them.  :huh:

The website mentions 3...?

G.

They are just starting ones - sort of archetypes. Then you can specialize in 12 (4 per each "base" class).

Martinus

Btw, don't know about others, but the Human Noble start is fucking cool. I rarely go all teary-eyed for a computer game.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 03:34:45 PM
Btw, don't know about others, but the Human Noble start is fucking cool. I rarely go all teary-eyed for a computer game.  :cool:

Yeah it was pretty awesome.  I loved the whole atmosphere around it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

I've never been a big fan of high fantasy/D&D-like role-playing games, but this one is pretty interesting. I'll echo Valmy and Marty in saying the Human noble start is great.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

I oppose this game, due to the leniency that it shows towards homosexuality.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 06:41:34 PM

Neil why don't you find yourself a homophobe smilie instead of repeating the same old mantra and boring everyone with this unending monologue?  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 03:34:45 PM
Wait until you find the gay part.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 06, 2009, 02:53:01 PM
The patch was supposed to be for everyone.  I dunno why it affected me but not most people, and neither did the people on shacknews that had the problem.  Couldn't find a thread on the DA forums about it.  Reinstalled and it works fine again.

Here is the fix posted on shacknews that fixed the game for people there, in case you patch and it breaks the game

QuoteHeya, sorry if this is hitting you, but the first thing to try is to get the VCRT 2005 latest update. Something went weird with the build.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on November 06, 2009, 06:56:07 PM
Neil why don't you find yourself a homophobe smilie instead of repeating the same old mantra and boring everyone with this unending monologue?  <_<

The reactions to his trolling from Marty and you are actually rather amusing.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on November 06, 2009, 06:56:07 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 06:41:34 PM
Does such a smilie exist?

Besides, surely everyone on the forum must hate gays.  Why else would they be on a forum whose official policy is anti-gay?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.