Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on November 06, 2009, 10:08:54 AM
Got mine from Amazon, should be delivered today.

If this game sucks, there are a lot of people here who will be dead to me.  :lol:

Pfft we will just be added to the list i'm sure.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2009, 09:54:22 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2009, 09:46:46 AM
Dude, welcome to the 21st century!
Steam, EA Download Manager, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, etc, etc, etc.
My brother insists on having physical copies of everything he buys, so maybe Beeb is the same.

I don't strictly insist, but yeah I greatly prefer having physical media.  Plus I read some of the complaints people were having downloading Dragon Age.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Actually I was gonna get via Steam if I did get it, but now that I think about it I may pick up a physical copy myself, because Princesca will almost certainly want to play it (she played and beat Mass Effect, as did I) and I dunno how that would work with Steam... I suspect I couldn't have it installed on both PCs at once.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2009, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2009, 01:34:10 AM
Local EB Games (the only place to buy games besides 3 year old titles at Walmart) was sold out.  Maybe tomorrow.
Dude, welcome to the 21st century!
Steam, EA Download Manager, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, etc, etc, etc.

I don't buy things online if I can help it.  It is a matter of principle.

Faeelin

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2009, 12:00:53 PM
Actually I was gonna get via Steam if I did get it, but now that I think about it I may pick up a physical copy myself, because Princesca will almost certainly want to play it (she played and beat Mass Effect, as did I) and I dunno how that would work with Steam... I suspect I couldn't have it installed on both PCs at once.

It can; I have left4dead on two comps.

DisturbedPervert

There is a problem with the patch that may break the game for some people.  I installed the patch after an hour of play and it no longer starts.  Gonna reinstall, others have had this too after patching.

Berkut

I have to say that I don't really like the combat nearly as much as I thought I would. Feels pretty much out of my control. BG2 was much better at that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2009, 12:45:10 PM
I have to say that I don't really like the combat nearly as much as I thought I would. Feels pretty much out of my control. BG2 was much better at that.

I think it is going to take some getting used to.

I have had some problems with it in the early going.  The camera angles are annoying and sometimes the AI for my party members doesn't really work right.

But then I have not had the desire yet to sit down and fiddle with the tactics menus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 06, 2009, 12:41:06 PM
There is a problem with the patch that may break the game for some people.  I installed the patch after an hour of play and it no longer starts.  Gonna reinstall, others have had this too after patching.

Is the patch only for certain OS or something?  Well I really do not want to have to reinstall so I will read up on it and be careful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Kleves

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 06, 2009, 12:41:06 PM
Xbox: 1. PC: 3.  ^_^
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Martinus

Omg I'm loving the atmosphere of this game. I am playing as a human noble warrior/champion. This feels sooo like Song of Ice and Fire.  :cool:

Tamas

Act like a wargamer, and figure out the Tactics mechanics for us, dammit!  :mad:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 02:02:01 PM
Omg I'm loving the atmosphere of this game. I am playing as a human noble warrior/champion. This feels sooo like Song of Ice and Fire.  :cool:

A poor man's SOIAF, but yes, I like it too.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2009, 02:02:27 PM

Act like a wargamer, and figure out the Tactics mechanics for us, dammit!  :mad:

I don't want to.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2009, 01:16:25 PM

Is the patch only for certain OS or something?  Well I really do not want to have to reinstall so I will read up on it and be careful.

The patch was supposed to be for everyone.  I dunno why it affected me but not most people, and neither did the people on shacknews that had the problem.  Couldn't find a thread on the DA forums about it.  Reinstalled and it works fine again.

Am enjoying the game so far, it runs surprisingly well consider I just barely meet the requirements.  Love the combat, seems just like BG and NWN2 to me, especially after I turned off tactics so I can micromanage.