Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I'm gonna play a human or elf champion, making sweet sweet love to an elf assassin. :P

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 05, 2009, 03:22:23 PM
I'm gonna play a human or elf champion, making sweet sweet love to an elf assassin. :P

Fag.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 03:23:12 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 05, 2009, 03:22:23 PM

Fag.

That's hostile. The propose response is "Homo". :P

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 03:14:01 PM
Tell me more... :perv:

If you play the human noble origin you can have sex almost right away if you talk dirty to the right squire/lady in waiting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 02:59:53 PM
One question.  There is a 9 year old wandering around Ice Station Barrister these days, and he often looks over my shoulder when I play WoW.  I couldn't help but notice the M for Mature rating for Dragon Age.  Is that only for the excessive blood, or is it mature to the point I couldn't even play the game when he's around?
If you remove the clothing/armor for the female characters, you will see them in bra and panties, with revealing forms.
You may kiss a girl (well, hetero sex, so if you play a female, she'll kiss one of the guys).

AFAIK, there is no sex scene and no nudity, and it's rated 13+, mostly for splashing blood.  If seeing half-naked women covered in blood will disturb your 9 year old, you should maybe avoid it.
Or you can start sexual education right away, telling him how women in the real world don't run around in panties while covered in the blood of their slain ennemies.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

One question.  There is a 9 year old wandering around Ice Station Barrister these days, and he often looks over my shoulder when I play WoW.  I couldn't help but notice the M for Mature rating for Dragon Age.  Is that only for the excessive blood, or is it mature to the point I couldn't even play the game when he's around?

better he gets introduced to the real world (yeah, elves everywhere in RL :p) asap. :p

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2009, 04:33:31 PM
If you remove the clothing/armor for the female characters, you will see them in bra and panties, with revealing forms.
You may kiss a girl (well, hetero sex, so if you play a female, she'll kiss one of the guys).

AFAIK, there is no sex scene and no nudity, and it's rated 13+, mostly for splashing blood.  If seeing half-naked women covered in blood will disturb your 9 year old, you should maybe avoid it.
Or you can start sexual education right away, telling him how women in the real world don't run around in panties while covered in the blood of their slain ennemies.

You can have lesbian/gay sex too.

Scipio

Motherfucker.  This game is damn hard on normal.  A rogue cannot avoid combat skills.  I repeat, CANNOT AVOID THEM.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

I always end up playing a warrior/paladin type in Bioware games, at least on the first play-through. They are best at surviving.

I hope I can get the game tomorrow. Can't wait.

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 04:44:43 PM
Motherfucker.  This game is damn hard on normal.  A rogue cannot avoid combat skills.  I repeat, CANNOT AVOID THEM.

I know.  Isn't it awesome?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2009, 04:33:31 PM

Pretty sure it's rated 17+.

And since he isn't my kid, I sure as hell am not starting any "sexual education" with him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 05:00:24 PM
Pretty sure it's rated 17+.

And since he isn't my kid, I sure as hell am not starting any "sexual education" with him.

Ok let me make this clear: unless you yourself seek out the sex it will not be coming to you.  There will be no naked women unless you take the clothes off your character yourself and it is pretty obvious when you are flirting and asking for sex.

So long as you use common sense I don't think your 9 year old pal should be seeing anything outside of good old video game violence.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 05:00:24 PM
He's in your house.  He's your property.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

Do you guys think this would play terribly on a console?
I want my mother fucking points!

Valmy

Quote from: Korea on November 05, 2009, 05:16:00 PM
Do you guys think this would play terribly on a console?

The assumption is, for reasons I am not sure, that it is not as good on the console.  The actual professional reviews playing it on the console were very positive though despite this rumor.

I do not really use my mouse that much so I think it should be fine controls wise.

BUT I am playing it on the PC.  Read up on the internet a bit first.