Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Zanza on October 31, 2009, 12:27:42 PM
I need to get a faster computer so I can run this.

My main problem is making enough room to play it.  My hard drive is only 80 gigs, and this game takes up 20   :cry:

Berkut

I have an extra 1TB hard drive sitting here on my desk.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on October 31, 2009, 07:52:21 PM
80gigs?

good god man, you poor schlub.

I think If I delete NWN2 and all the expansion packs, and my various mods and demos I have on Steam, I might be able to free up enough space for Dragon Age.  I already removed L4D, which gave up nearly 6 gigs, but there are some tough choices to make now. 

I think I'm going to look in to portable hard drives.

katmai

I won't comment on my 1.2 TB of HD's then (though it's really only 880gb of free space :P )

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on November 01, 2009, 12:21:35 AM
I won't comment on my 1.2 TB of HD's then (though it's really only 880gb of free space :P )
:grr:

I need a new computer   :P

Zanza

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 31, 2009, 02:52:37 PMMy main problem is making enough room to play it.  My hard drive is only 80 gigs, and this game takes up 20   :cry:
I only have a laptop at the moment and the GPU is not up to this. It just barely fulfills the minimum requirements, so I guess it won't work in a reasonable way.

katmai

So Direct2drive is letting me pre-load starting later today, so i can start playing early on tue. :w00t:

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on November 01, 2009, 03:42:06 AM
So Direct2drive is letting me pre-load starting later today, so i can start playing early on tue. :w00t:

:w00t:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

Serious question:  Can I delete HL2 from Steam without it affecting TF2 or CounterStrike?  I really need the space it's taking up for Dragon Age.

Cerr

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 01, 2009, 06:29:52 AM
Serious question:  Can I delete HL2 from Steam without it affecting TF2 or CounterStrike?  I really need the space it's taking up for Dragon Age.
Yeah fairly sure that they're standalone games.
Worst case scenario, you might need to download some additional Source files after deleting HL2 but I doubt it.

crazy canuck

for some reason I got an error message when I tried to buy from D2D so I pre-ordered from steam instead.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 01, 2009, 06:29:52 AM

TF2 is standalone. I don't have HL2 and TF2 is fine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive