Main Menu

Spirituality 2009

Started by Martinus, October 04, 2009, 04:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
I find that in yoga the hardest exercises for me are the ones that involve "ego eradication". Though it's mainly because they make my arms hurt like a motherfucker. :P

Ego eradication would be much easier if you saw yourself the way we see you.

That's funny coming from you. Considering my Languish "enemies" are Neil and raz, I guess I should congratulate myself. :D

Have I risen that far in the ranks?  I remember when I was just a newbie and got in arguments over the definition of "boat".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

Neil

Martinus considers himself my enemy?  How amusing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Well, as he is the personification of gayness, you do spend a lot of time attacking him personally.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2009, 09:04:36 PM
Well, as he is the personification of gayness, you do spend a lot of time attacking him personally.
It's never personal.  Not a person.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on October 04, 2009, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2009, 04:20:25 PM
Interesting that you should start this thread today. A friend of mine noted last week that when she's not nurturing her spirituality, it's a lot like not getting enough sleep. She becomes crabby, defensive, and downright annoyed at life. But since she doesn't really belong to any organized religion, it's become more difficult to nurture that aspect of her life. I find I have the same problem.

So, together we've decided to spend one night a month tapping into that part of our psyche. As soon as we decided to do that, other women mentioned that they, too, felt that same draw. So, tonight I'm having five other women over to the house to spend time together to meditate and discuss our spiritual needs.

It sounds horribly weird and odd, but in truth I seriously miss the commaraderie of the ritual of going to church on Sunday morning, hearing the mass said, singing the responses, taking communion, etc. What I don't miss is the bs that comes from following a specific religion. This sort of mini-mediation session will hopefully fill that.

Hello there. :)

No shit.  Going there is like going to a social club by way of a group therapy session.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2009, 08:42:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
I find that in yoga the hardest exercises for me are the ones that involve "ego eradication". Though it's mainly because they make my arms hurt like a motherfucker. :P

Ego eradication would be much easier if you saw yourself the way we see you.

That's funny coming from you. Considering my Languish "enemies" are Neil and raz, I guess I should congratulate myself. :D

Have I risen that far in the ranks?  I remember when I was just a newbie and got in arguments over the definition of "boat".
I wish I had a Languish enemy.
PDH!

Tonitrus

My "spirituality" is pretty much a funky blend of Deism, Stoicism, and "amused misanthropy".

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 04, 2009, 09:13:48 PM
My "spirituality" is pretty much a funky blend of Deism, Stoicism, and "amused misanthropy".
Sounds pretentious.
PDH!

Faeelin

Quote from: Neil on October 04, 2009, 08:41:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2009, 08:15:55 PM
My religion is totally awesome IMHO.
Negative.  It is stupid, and without moral value.

Morality is a tool of the weak.

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 04, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 04, 2009, 08:41:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2009, 08:15:55 PM
My religion is totally awesome IMHO.
Negative.  It is stupid, and without moral value.
Morality is a tool of the weak.
Incorrect.  Morality is a tool used by the strong to impose their will on the weak, with their own consent.

Monoriu

No idea what spirituality is.  Not going to bother with it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 04, 2009, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 04, 2009, 09:13:48 PM
Sounds pretentious.

I knew I had forgotten one more.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on October 04, 2009, 09:55:51 PM

It makes a lot of people a lot of money. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on October 04, 2009, 09:55:51 PM

It's like superstition, but without the negative spin.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?