And we're back!

Main Menu

Spirituality 2009

Started by Martinus, October 04, 2009, 04:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 04, 2009, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 04:32:44 PM
According to some theorists, women do not really need anything to do magic - they have magic between their legs. It's us men who need to utilize wands and chalices to imitate that result. :P
some satanic rituals have men drinking menstrual 'flow' out of a chalice as a way of breaking from all established religious and societal mores.
Ok that's one bridge too far for me. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
I find that in yoga the hardest exercises for me are the ones that involve "ego eradication". Though it's mainly because they make my arms hurt like a motherfucker. :P

Ego eradication would be much easier if you saw yourself the way we see you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2009, 05:17:07 PM
... contemplation of something outside of themself.

That's my take on spirituality as well. 

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
I find that in yoga the hardest exercises for me are the ones that involve "ego eradication". Though it's mainly because they make my arms hurt like a motherfucker. :P

Ego eradication would be much easier if you saw yourself the way we see you.

That's funny coming from you. Considering my Languish "enemies" are Neil and raz, I guess I should congratulate myself. :D

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 04, 2009, 04:59:02 PM
Why worship a flag or god when we could worship the best of us: our will to be great?
Because that doesn't actually exist.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I'm completely uncaring.
Not even athiest.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
That's funny coming from you. Considering my Languish "enemies" are Neil and raz, I guess I should congratulate myself. :D

[jaron] can i be your enemy? [/jaron]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

Recently I have been studying the Nag Hammadi Gnostic codex, the Apocryphon of John.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2009, 04:20:25 PM
Interesting that you should start this thread today. A friend of mine noted last week that when she's not nurturing her spirituality, it's a lot like not getting enough sleep. She becomes crabby, defensive, and downright annoyed at life. But since she doesn't really belong to any organized religion, it's become more difficult to nurture that aspect of her life. I find I have the same problem.

So, together we've decided to spend one night a month tapping into that part of our psyche. As soon as we decided to do that, other women mentioned that they, too, felt that same draw. So, tonight I'm having five other women over to the house to spend time together to meditate and discuss our spiritual needs.

It sounds horribly weird and odd, but in truth I seriously miss the commaraderie of the ritual of going to church on Sunday morning, hearing the mass said, singing the responses, taking communion, etc. What I don't miss is the bs that comes from following a specific religion. This sort of mini-mediation session will hopefully fill that.

Hello there. :)

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 04, 2009, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2009, 06:41:22 PM
fucking unitarians.  :mad:
I SHALL KILL YOU WITH KINDNESS. :mad:

Unitarianism is like drinking water. Utterly boring.

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE is the way to go.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2009, 06:50:04 PM
FIRE AND BRIMSTONE is the way to go.

Morons ranting about idiotic ideas does clearly appeal to you, being a Languish poster and all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

My religion is totally awesome IMHO.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2009, 08:15:55 PM
My religion is totally awesome IMHO.
Negative.  It is stupid, and without moral value.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.