The Brits: Why They Can’t Be Trusted With Music

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2009, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Agelastus on October 03, 2009, 06:10:49 PM
I had to look up "Lady Gaga".

In my opinion, she'll be lucky to be remembered in ten years, let alone seventy.

Filed for history. I shall laugh at you in seventy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 03, 2009, 06:10:49 PM
I had to look up "Lady Gaga".

In my opinion, she'll be lucky to be remembered in ten years, let alone seventy.

Filed for history. I shall laugh at you in seventy.

May we both be around for that to be so.  :cheers:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Cerr

I'm not a huge fan of U2 but considering them part of the British music industry is idiotic.

Pat

This is obviously some frivolous pen-for-hire, a prostitute of words who do not mean what he writes. Despite having a sixth of America's population, Britain makes more music worth listening to.

citizen k

Quote from: miglia on October 03, 2009, 06:59:58 PM
Despite having a sixth of America's population, Britain makes more music worth listening to.

That is completely unverifiable.  :contract:

The Brain

Quote from: citizen k on October 03, 2009, 07:14:14 PM
Despite having a sixth of America's population, Britain makes more music worth listening to.

That is completely unverifiable.  :contract:

Not the UK's fault that the US can't keep track of their own numbers.

Queequeg

This is obviously some frivolous pen-for-hire, a prostitute of words who do not mean what he writes. Despite having a sixth of America's population, Britain makes more music worth listening to.
:huh:
Firstly, all British rock music has roots in America, cause this is the place where the damn genre was born and spent its infancy.
Secondly, that's still no true no matter how you look at it. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

America has Kid Rock. The UK has Queen, Beatles, Stones, Iron Maiden etc etc etc.

Lettow77

The South is the musical centre of the western world. For which your welcome.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Lettow77

It is not automatically incorrect to omit the apostrophe. It is a regionalism.

PDH

No, it is incorrect and stupid. Anyway, omitting the apostrophe yields "youre" not "your" you idiot.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lettow77

The e then becomes superfluous and weiiird. I am merely adhering to the orthography I was instructed in.

PDH

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 03, 2009, 09:21:50 PM
The e then becomes superfluous and weiiird. I am merely adhering to the orthography I was instructed in.
Sins are forgiven, stupid is forever.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM