The Brits: Why They Can’t Be Trusted With Music

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2009, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Vera Lynn didn't write her own songs. I rest my case.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

I don't see any Irish trying to claim U2 here.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Quote from: Armyknife on October 03, 2009, 03:47:37 PM
Since when have U2 been a British band, iirc people in Ireland had a small think against the British, 'Brits Out' anyone ? :unsure:

Wasn't the new thread enough?

Ed Anger

Sometimes, after being exposed to shitty British bands, I sorta wish the nazis won.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

This moron lost any credibility as a music commentator when he quoted the charts as any sort of authority on what is being listened to or bought. For the last twenty years, if not longer, publishers buy up crates of their own singles and other tricks to push them higher up the charts towards No. 1.

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

citizen k

I just don't dislike U2 as much as many of you seem to do. The old stuff is pretty good for early 80's, Joshua Tree,Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby are good late 80's/ early 90's pop. And I thought Zooropa showed they weren't afraid to experiment. Zooropa is actually a pretty good album.

The rest of their stuff is debatable.

Ed Anger

This thread is stoking my dislike of Brits. I want to punch a Nigel is the stomach.

citizen k

A Nigel of the Stomach: The Life and Times of an English Gastroenterologist.

Ed Anger

The Brain

Admiral Yi

I like U2 as well.  What makes them truly impressive is the fact that the guitarist is playing the exact same part on every song but they still sound good and different.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2009, 02:28:16 PM
Lady Gaga is smiling through all the way to the bank.

She is alright I just sorta figured she was just another talentless construction of the music industry though.  We will see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

saskganesh

yeah but Lady gaga has exploding tits! take that Vera Lynn.

good rant. out of fairness, many North Americans have shitty musical tastes as well. I am not sure what that means, other than "many North Americans have shitty musical tastes."
humans were created in their own image

Agelastus

I had to look up "Lady Gaga".

In my opinion, she'll be lucky to be remembered in ten years, let alone seventy.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."