Probable foreign minister Westerwelle to press:"We're in Germany, speak German!"

Started by Syt, September 30, 2009, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2009, 12:13:36 PM
Indeed they call them "Pfannkuchen", or pancakes. Stupid Berliners. :rolleyes:

It was sort of a killjoy because one of the things I really wanted to do when I was in Berlin was eat a 'Berliner' in Kennedy's honor so it was kinda sucky to find out that story was not true.

I had to be content with seeing the remodeled Reich..er...Bundestag and the Pergamon Museum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2009, 12:20:23 PMI had to be content with seeing the remodeled Reich..er...Bundestag and the Pergamon Museum.
Reichstag is actually the official name for the building.

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 01, 2009, 12:01:38 PM
I see old men & women on the bus like that all the time yelling at Chinese people(or anyone vaguely foreign) talking Chinese and having a private conversation... Speak English you're in Canada... If the Oldster gets really annoying I'll yell up at them and tell them to stop screaming retarded things that I can understand. And then just to piss them off further I go on a big Trudeau-esque diatribe about Multi-culturalism. :P
The old people have a point though:  If we're going to live in a society that is inclusive, our ancestors should never have come down from the trees.

Contempt for order is unforgivable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on October 01, 2009, 10:16:02 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 01, 2009, 03:50:39 AM
The Jelly Doughnut thing reminds me of the recommendation I was given once: avoid saying
Ich bin ein Pariser :D
Even though I am from Paris...

Would make such a cheesy icebreaker...

"Willst du einen Pariser für den nacht?  :lol:
If she answers that she doesn't want a Pariser, that could be good or bad. ;)

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, as always.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2009, 12:13:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2009, 11:43:07 AMAdditionally it would never have even occured to a German living in Berlin that he meant anything else because they do not even call said jelly donuts 'Berliners' in Berlin itself.

Indeed they call them "Pfannkuchen", or pancakes. Stupid Berliners. :rolleyes:
I get mad when real Germans correct my Pennsylvania Dutch pronunciation of spaetzle (i.e. "schpeitzel").  I'm all "Do you want me to go all Operation Cobra on your ass BITCH!?"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points